Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
melfox

Re: System Update fails with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system...

Hi guys,

Is there any solution for this yet?

My laptop X1 is directly connected to the internet.

Have tried uninstall and reinstall, no luck

Have tried after more than 12 hrs, still the same problem.

Hope after 24 hrs it will go away.

Cheers.

Paper Tape
Thibaud

Re: System Update fails with "An error was detected with the package catalog for your system...

same error with my T420, i received it today and impossible to do the system update. The error message was the same. 

What's DOS?
vinayak-T420

Hi,

I have T-420 and tried to update the system but its giving me the same error. Tried it a 100 times by restarting and all. Nothing works.

Any help ?

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

vinayak-T420,

please try it again now.  We were having some technical difficulties this morning.

If it still doesn't work, then please let me know what your machine type is 

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-49QTT6

SCSI Port
nkull

I am now having this issue on my T510 - 43494WU

How often does this thing have issues?

--- ThinkPad T61 / Win 7 / Core 2 / 4gb RAM / Nvidia / Still used daily --- ThinkPad Edge 15/ i5 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / 8gb RAM / Hated it, died at 1 yr 1 mo old --- ThinkPad T510 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / i5 / 8gb RAM / Nvidia / Current primary machine --- ThinkPad X220 / i7 / IPS / 4gb / TrueCrypt / My Road Machine
Fanfold Paper
RickG

I have a T410s 2901, same problem
SCSI Port
nkull

This morning I attempted to remove the update software and reinstall it, same issue.

It would be really nice if this feature worked.

--- ThinkPad T61 / Win 7 / Core 2 / 4gb RAM / Nvidia / Still used daily --- ThinkPad Edge 15/ i5 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / 8gb RAM / Hated it, died at 1 yr 1 mo old --- ThinkPad T510 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / i5 / 8gb RAM / Nvidia / Current primary machine --- ThinkPad X220 / i7 / IPS / 4gb / TrueCrypt / My Road Machine
HDMI
veechee

I just reinstalled a ThinkPad T410s and I am receiving this error as well.  I'm using the newest ThinkVantage Sysystem Update (4.03.0007).  I am typing this on a T420s which was installed a few days ago and it reports no such error.

nkull

Mine just started working now ...

Paper Tape
walterrmartin

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem on one of my two ThinkPads, and I have tried repeatedly for 3 days. It is a Thinkpad Edge e420s, 440128U, Windows 7, EN. I am using the newest version of System Update, which has been reinstalled twice, with no change. I tried it on my T61 from the same Internet connection using the same version of SU and had no problem.