Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
D-art

System Update is not finding any packages on the repository share

[ Edited ]
I'm trying to use a command-line script to install packages from the repository share.

Command-line looks like this:
%PROGRAMFILES%\Lenovo\System Update\Tvsu.exe /CM -search R -action DOWNLOAD -repository Z:\MyRepository -includerebootpackages 1,3,4 -noreboot
I tried it using an UNC path also.

The baloon message states: "No packages applicable to your system were found."
Although, if I manually launch System Update I'm seeing all the recommended packages I need.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lenovo\System Update
\Preferences\UserSettings\General\IgnoreLocalLicense" is set to YES.

Critical updates have the same behavior - manually I see them, but with the script - I don't.
Scheduled updates also work.

Any tips how to get the command-line working?

Note from Moderator: Please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you.

Message Edited by nonny on 03-28-2008 12:27 PM
Lenovo Staff
bloo

Re: System Update is not finding any packages on the repository share

Please try the test here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_Utilities&message.id=367#M367
--
Full disclosure: Lenovo issues my paychecks.
Fanfold Paper
D-art

[ Edited ]
After checking the log files:

1) 2008-03-31 , 02:33:48
 at Tvsu.Engine.Process.HelpCenterIndexRepositoryProcess.PreProcess()
z
System Update allows to use the following "Share Name", but:
2008-03-31 , 02:33:48
 at Tvt.UNC_Authenticator.UNCAuthenticator.DriveToUncFormat()
As you can clearly see - it demands to use a folder when referring to a mapped drive. This is not documented.

Furthermore:
2008-03-31 , 02:26:37
 at Tvsu.UNC_Authenticator.TvsuUNCAuthenticator.Tvt.UNC_Authenticator.IUncAuthenticator.Connect(String shareName)
\\myservername\SystemUpdat
As far as I can tell - there's a maximum permitted character lengh of 25 or there's a bug that cuts down the last char.

Thank you for the link, will try that also.

I managed to solve the problem by cutting down the lenght of the UNC for now.

Note from Moderator: Please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you.

Message Edited by D-art on 03-31-2008 04:01 PM

Message Edited by D-art on 03-31-2008 04:01 PM

Message Edited by andyP on 03-31-2008 09:01 PM
Fanfold Paper
D-art

An extra char in the repository path works.
Fanfold Paper
NVision

i too was experiencing this message.

I downloaded all of the drivers via Update Retriever (UR) to my network share/repository. I then used System Update (SU) to point to the share to download the files. I received a login prompt (as usual) and then it would give the message that there were no updates for my system.

I finally figured out that inside the UR, the default setting for my options were "TEST" and not "ACTIVE". Switching these to ACTIVE in the UR fixed *MOST* of these issues.

I am now just having issues where the a few of the updates are not being displayed. I opened up the XML file in the repository and verified the system type was correct for that download (example: video drivers for that model).

if i point the SU program to Lenovo for updates, it finds all of the required drivers. 

Any suggestions to why it finds some drivers and not others?

Fanfold Paper
NVision

after hours of testing, i believe that i have figured out what is going on. the xml file included with the driver specifically shows xp pro sp1 and sp2 support but doesn't mention sp3 which we are running. if i remove sp3, it finds the driver... if i reapply sp3, the driver is no longer available in the list.

is there anyone from lenovo available to comment on this at all?

JaneL

NVision wrote:

is there anyone from lenovo available to comment on this at all?

Welcome to the forum!

There are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out, but this is not an official support channel. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of them as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.  Instead, this is designed primarily to be a user-to-user support forum.  If you require immediate assistance, please call the support line.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
NVision

no problem. thanks for the quick reply!