Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
AH_DE

System Update not working correctly

Hi forum,

System Update (Version 4.00.0024) is not working correctly on my T500 with Windows 7.

1: Not detecting old versions

SU is not detecting, that there is an old version of Access Connection (5.42) installed although there is a new version 5.50 avaliable. I had to do a manual update.

2: Not installing a suggested update

Each time I run SU, I get a suggested update for "Fix for Issue of HDD with HDP Detection for Windows Vista/7". After downloading there comes a meaningless message "package was not installed" (Paket wurde nicht installiert). No hint for any error.

3: Some drivers (e.g. for the ultranav) have not been downloaded at all - I had to test the functions of some hardware components and download the appropriate drivers manually in case of malfuncion.

Probably there is a solution known within the forum community, at least this should be a message to lenovo (I received no response from the help desk when reporting this finding).

Regards

AH_DE

Blue Screen Again
seraphimvc

Re: System Update not working correctly

similar situation here,this only happened  recently -

i have this Enable Lan wake up update and power manager update from the update search and after i downloaded and installed them, turn on system update and do the search again, the same updates will show up again.

pretty annoying.

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
AH_DE:
Please note, that the whole logic of TVSU was a bit changed, so there are mostly only crictical updates showed up. However, this might be in case that there is also an issue wit the .xml package, as mor or less is TVSU working with the logix of the XML components.
If you could tell me an exact expamle with the version, then I could check, what might be it

for this situation you could review the "%ProgramFiles%\Lenovo\System Update\logs" where you surelly can find many informations on the situaiton, why it could not install this particular update. OR try to start TVSU and start the deffered update installation, if you can see the update in here, as the message looks more like a deffered installation

can you tell me the exact version of the Ultranav, as it might be the same, like by the point no1

seraphimvc:
Is you situaiton identical with the one from AH_DE? Also the OS, etc?
If possible write as much informations as possible.

cheers

Punch Card
AH_DE

Dear Herik,

thanks for your answer.

I checked the log  file and found thousands of entries. Here are the lines related to "Fix for ...".

Info    2010-02-03 , 08:40:37

bei Tvsu.Gui.CustomComponents.UpdatePanel.SynchronizeBoxPackage(Object sender, EventArgs args)

Message: Selected to install: Fix for Issue of HDD with HDP Detection for Windows Vista/7, with

Info    2010-02-03 , 08:40:43

bei Tvsu.Coreq.LoadCoreqsProcessor.ProcessUpdatesImplementation(Update[] ups)

Fix for Issue of HDD with HDP Detection for Windows Vista/7[reboot type 3]

Info    2010-02-03 , 08:40:57

bei Tvsu.GenericPackageInstaller.GenericPackageInstaller.ExtractFiles(String extractCommand)

Message: osfq03ww.exe -s -ex -fC:\SWTOOLS\OSFIXES Extract command was executed sucessfully in Fix for Issue of HDD with HDP Detection for Windows Vista/7 update

bei Tvsu.GenericPackageInstaller.CmdInstaller.InstallUpdate()

Message: Update Fix for Issue of HDD with HDP Detection for Windows Vista/7 is being install using Windows Service

bei Tvsu.Engine.Process.PackageInstallerProcess.InstallNewUpdates()

Message: Update Fix for Issue of HDD with HDP Detection for Windows Vista/7 installation failed

ADDITIONAL ENTRIES 

bei Tvsu.Gui.FlowScreens.Results.AdjustComponent()

Installed=0

Not Installed=Tvsu.Beans.Update[]

Deferred=0

Download Failed=0

Hidden=0

Severe          2010-02-03 , 08:41:17

bei Tvsu.Sdk.SuSdk.ShutDownApplication()

Message: Has happened an exception while the UNCAuthenticator.Shutdown() was executedShare name can not be null or empty

Since I'm a normal user only, I can't interprete this information. Do you know what to do?

Kind Regards

AH_DE

Punch Card
AH_DE

Dear Herik,

some additional information: Ultranav Version 2.11

Kind Regards, Axel

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

the first part of your update is telling, what should be installed, but unfortunately does not tell the exact reason why it could not perform the installaiton. The only informaiton, that I can see there is that there is an issue with the UNCAuthetication. which usually means, that the currently loged on user might have an blocked rights for the installation.

However, I assume, that you are a local admin already on your system, so this should not be the correct one.

Try to defer some updates and once they are defered/donwnloaded start the defered installation.

Let me know, if at least the download will work

Cheers

Punch Card
AH_DE

Hi Herik,

again thanks for your answer.

I checked your solution proposal - it didn't work.

In the meantime I discoveread another problem. The old status of the driver of the integrated camera was not detected by System Update. I had installed the version 1.27.500.0 although the version 1.32.500.0 was already available since some months.

Since my system is working, I will stop my attempts to get System Update to work correctly. I need my time for my daily business.

Thanks for your cooperation.

AH_DE

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

just one note, as you told, that you are not continuing in the investigation:

The XML of this update is corrupt, which is the reason,for the situation, that TVSU cannot find this update.

Will try to contact the correct peopple to get this fixed as I can see, that there are multiple such issues, with the update.

Cheers

Punch Card
AH_DE

Dear Herik,

again thanks for your answer.

I really appreciate if you find a solution, since I even don't understand your answer technically.

With Kind Regards

AH_DE

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

sorry, my thinking is in a different dimension :smileywink:

So here is what I was describing:

TVSU is wokring on the basis of readin SML files and based on this it can detect and show you update.

The current situaiton is, that some update have corrupted XML files on the web, which is producing this error. This is basically not an issue of TVSU, but an issue of the XML component, which have to be corrected on the web.

Hope this explains a bit the situation.

Will try to figure out some quickest way, on how to fix this one.

Cheers