Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
LazzeZee

System update with low capacity on drive C:

Hey,

I have a Lenovo T410i running XP. The computer is standard setup, and i now wanted to do some updates using the Lenovo System update software.

My problem is that the computer is setup with a C drive capacity on 1.2 gb, while the D drive is 220 gb, so when i try to run the updater, it says that there is not enough space.

Is there a way to work around this? Maybe some way changing from C drive to the D drive?

Would be nice if someone had a solution for this problem!

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: System update with low capacity on drive C:

LazzeZee wrote:

>>  The computer is standard setup

>> the computer is setup with a C drive capacity on 1.2 gb, while the D drive is 220 gb

That's most definitely not a standard setup.  I'm actually surprised that you don't have more problems than just System Update.  I would recommend using some partition editing software to fix that.  Sorry I don't have any other advice for you.

Paper Tape
LazzeZee

Well i'm pretty sure it's a standard setup, since we have a lot of Lenovo laptops with that kind of setup.

What kind of software can do that? I thought that i had to format in order to change the size of the partitions?

WWAN
chuckk48

Partition Magic, for one. I am not sure if it still can be found.

ThinkPad R61 8932-CTO T8300 2.40 Ghz 3GB RAM Win XP
ThinkPad R500 2714-CTO P8600 2.40 Ghz 3GB RAM Win XP; Two ThinkPad R500's 2714-CTO T9600 2.80 Ghz 4GB RAM Win 7
ThinkPad T500 2241-DB9 T9600 2.80 Ghz 4GB RAM Win 7
ThinkCenter A63 5237-CTO 3GB Ram Win XP; A21m and a pair of 380XD's
Paper Tape
LazzeZee

Paper Tape
LazzeZee

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

I started this thread earlier:

Now i've fixed the problem with small partitions, and they now all with at least 60gb free space. But i still get the error that there is not enough free space to update.

I have tried uninstalling, redownloaded and reinstalled the program, but this doesn't work either. Any ideas? :smileysad:

Moderator Note; post merged in as problem still exists, subject edited. Solution revoked as it was not the solution to the problem at hand.