Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
ContiJohn

T400 Wireless

Why does my laptop use the wireless signal when I am plugged into the LAN? How do I stop this? Please do not answer "Just turn off the wireless via the switch".

Thanks

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 630

Re: T400 Wireless

Are you using Access Connections? Make sure your profile is set to best available network, (point 2), and that in the device window you have ethernet placed above wireless, (point 3), this sets the device priority.

Picture in attachment 48,8K jpg

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
ContiJohn

Thanks for the reply. Since I was not reading any updates to my posts I called Lenovo. They told me about this "Access" program. I have not used it in the past. I am new to the Lenovo hardware. I need to play with the Access program. But how would this be deployed in a corp setting? I work for a global company with users traveling abroad and in the US. There are Hundreds of AP's accross the company. I started to play with the program and it asked me to set up the wireless. It wanted my SID info and Key info. How can that be configured on a global scale?

andyP

Here's a link to the ThinkVantage site where you can find out about the different pre-installed utilities. You will find information about the different utilities and how to deploy them by clicking on the utility links, you will also hopefully find out whether or not this suits your requirements. What is Access Connections?

If you like, I can move this thread to the ThinkVantage discussion board, just say the word.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
ContiJohn

[ Edited ]

You can put this on the appropriate board you feel will help me solve this. Thanks. I will look into your links this evening and tomorrow.

As a side note we wipe all laptops clean and install our own default images. So I assume hopefully this Access program can be configured once and then copied up with a base image. Then would be copied down with all future images.

andyP

Thanks,

I moved the post here in order to hopefully gain more exposure to the TVT experts who drop by and can more than likely offer better advice.

Andy  

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
ContiJohn

Thanks.

Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

If you are looking for information on how to deploy Access Connections, there is a link at the bottom of the download page.  There is a guide on doing it and even ADM template for management via domain policy.

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

ContiJohn wrote:

As a side note we wipe all laptops clean and install our own default images.

Many corporate buyers of ThinkPads do this.

The desktop services (or whatever you call them) team in your organisation will know how to put whatever applications, such a Access Connections, are needed into the SOE (Standared Operating Environment) image that gets loaded onto your corporate Thinkpads. 

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo