Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
rtlinux

T43 Windows 7 and NO access connections

OK, so I am building a T43 (2669-VT1) and so far so good EXCEPT I do not get Access Connections to show up when I run System updates.  I checked my Update retriever server and there it is but 2669 is not in the list of approved laptops.  Why is this?  I cannot locate it in the web for this model either.  I know it works as I can manually install it and use it. 

Is this simply an oversite on Lenovo's part or planned obsolescence?  WIN7 works great on the hardware even without full Aero running.  Heck it even seems faster than XP SP3.

:mansad:

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

Re: T43 Windows 7 and NO access connections

rtlinux wrote:

OK, so I am building a T43 (2669-VT1) and so far so good EXCEPT I do not get Access Connections to show up when I run System updates.  I checked my Update retriever server and there it is but 2669 is not in the list of approved laptops.  Why is this?

In many cases the ThinkVantage utilities etc intended for Windows 7 will work on a T4x, but they are not tested or supported for T4x models, which are now pretty much at the end of normal life-cycles for business use.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
rtlinux

Re: T43 Windows 7 and NO access connections

I can certainly understand that, but it does not explain all the other WIN7 items available to the T4x line.  If you are going to create a line in the sand it should be for all items not just the items you pick and choose.