Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
b0mb3r

T500 and Power Manager 1.60

I just upgraded to power manager 1.60... now the application won't run at all; I get this error:

Faulting application pwmui.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 49e6b76e, faulting module pwmuictl.dll, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 49e6b767, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000c47f.

I upgraded the driver to 1.53 and I am running windows XP SP3.

Fanfold Paper
GaylM

Re: T500 and Power Manager 1.60

I have the same issue since I upgraded.  The only extra info I have is "Offset: 00018014", whatever that is.  I uninstalled and reinstalled power manager and still the same issue.  

Any one else with this issue?  Anyone from IBM read these things and have an answer?  Anyone received help from IBM for this and give us some guidance? 
What's DOS?
b0mb3r

I ended up saying eff it and installed 1.47 (the win2k version)... seems to work good
Fanfold Paper
GaylM

Thanks for the info.  Perhaps I'll try that too.  I can't believe we're the only 2 people experiencing this issue though. :smileysad:
Serial Port
rufik

You're not :smileyhappy: Same here with T60 Windows XP SP3...
Fanfold Paper
GaylM

Well, at least I'm not feeling so lonely anymore :smileysurprised: I wonder if anyone is working on this or has a known fix?  In any event, I can't even find the old version of power manager to go back to.  Aaaargh!
Serial Port
rufik

[ Edited ]

I tried to go back with version 1.53 - same problem.

What I've tried so far: reinstall, uninstall-reboot-install, .NET Framwork reinstall, change language settings to EN-US but nothing have helped. I've done some debugging and sent it to lenovo staff - will see.

I'm out of ideas whot to do next...

Message Edited by rufik on 07-30-2009 09:16 AM
Fanfold Paper
GaylM

Has anyone resolved this yet?  I haven't.  

I did find that if I do  FN + F3, that I can see some power schemes and even pick one, but as soon as I try "Manage Settings", I get the same old error that there is a dll error.  I also found that I now have a few more available power schemes when I go through the control panel to the power options, but I still don't have the energy saver scheme that I had before.  

Anyone else? 

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

although I do not experienced this kind of situation I would like to know, whther you have following drivers/apps installed: 

- Power Management driver

- Hotkey driver 

- System interface driver

Basically all of the should be at the highest version level. 

I have checked my X301 XP Pro SP3 English and it's working fine and I don't see this this or similar error. 

Sorry may sound bad, but I just can not see it :smileysad:

Can you attach a screenshot of the error?

Rgrds

Fanfold Paper
GaylM

Okay, I have the power management driver installed, but have no idea if I have the hotkey or system interface driver installed, but if they are checked/updated using the Update My System function in the Thinkvantage Productivity Center, then I assume they are there.  

Here's what I've found...

1.  FN+F3 gives me the fnf3.gif image

2.  Clicking on "Manage Settings" gives me the error shown in managesettings.gif

3.  Clicking on "What data does this contain" gives me the report.gif image

All of this only started when I did an automatic update last month through the Thinkvantage update. I purchased the machine the end of May this year and the Power Manage Utility was working until I did that first update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the power management and the power manager utilities.  

T500  20828ZU

Core Duo P8600 

Windows XP SP3

3GB RAM

And you know, there's definitely something flakey with the power manager.  When I first did the update, everytime I rebooted my machine I was getting a DLL exception error that would show up on the screen  -  after some time that stopped occurring.  Today, after rebooting my machine to see if it would at all produce that error for the purposes of this message, it didn't do it - but - I am very happy to see...for the first time since that update... the green power bar showing beside the system tray - I've been missing it ... could this flaky behaviour be the issue for this message.. http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_Utilities&thread.id=6796 ?  Because I, too, thought the green power bar had been discontinued.

All very odd.  HTH!!