Support in other languages: 
JaneL

Re: T61p - Please wait while Windows configures Client Security Password - Manager

mgray234 wrote:
I assume that someone from ThinkVantage Technologies monitors these boards.  Could someone have the courtesy to say something like...

Yes, some Lenovo employees do read and post to this forum.  Mark is quite active, and several others post as well.  In addition, there are lurkers who just read without making public comments although sometimes they ask the mod team to either gather more information or pass along advice.

However, here are the expectations of their participation from the Welcome message:

These communities have been created to provide a high quality atmosphere in which users of Lenovo products and services may share experiences and expertise. While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel.

The bottom line is there's no guarantee that you will get an answer to a question here directly from Lenovo. 

On the other hand, you just might!  ;-)

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
X-Trace

Re: T61p - Please wait while Windows configures Client Security Password - Manager

The problem is, that the update it likes to do can not be finished, and it automatically uninstalls each time. So this is an infinite cycle of installing/uninstalling. The comment about disabling UAC brought me to the idea that this installation may not trigger the UAC user request once more where it is required.

Therefore I opened the explorer with administrator rights (either browse to c:\windows\explorer.exe and right-click => run as administrator, or open a cmd.exe with admin rights and execute the explorer in it).

Once there, you should also get the Windows Client Security Password Manager installation request.

Do not interrupt this installation, and install it once more. This time it should work and at the end you also get a request if you like to reboot your computer now or later (you haven't seen that before, have you?)

Maybe you can also get this, when you disable UAC temporary just to make this installation, and reenable it afterwards.

I hope this solved the problem for me now. When I get this again, I will write it here.

Paper Tape
mgray234

X-Trace...Thank you for your response.  I went through the process you offered last night and things seem to be working fine at the moment.  It even cleared a System Update problem I was having in the ThinkVantage Productivity Center.

So far...so good!
What's DOS?
rontek

I have a Z61T and started having the same issue not long after upgrading to Client Security version 8.1 . I tried uninstalling and going back to version 8.0 and so far the issue has not returned. Does anyone know if it is version specific? Is there something that causes it or is a random occurence? It seems like a very strange coincidence that it is happening to the "61" series of Thinkpads.
Paper Tape
Ty_Coon

Same problem here, with a T61. Any time I open the Windows Explorer, the system tries to configure/install "Client Security - Password Manager".

This is a major nuisance.

I have deactivated the fingerprint gadget altogether and don't know what the password manager is good for. Can't I just disable it?

Any solutions?

Regards
Ph.
Paper Tape
fvaldiv

X-Trace,

I followed your advice and everything seems to be working fine for me.

Thanks!

What's DOS?
FateSlayer

X-Trace wrote:
The problem is, that the update it likes to do can not be finished, and it automatically uninstalls each time. So this is an infinite cycle of installing/uninstalling. The comment about disabling UAC brought me to the idea that this installation may not trigger the UAC user request once more where it is required.

Therefore I opened the explorer with administrator rights (either browse to c:\windows\explorer.exe and right-click => run as administrator, or open a cmd.exe with admin rights and execute the explorer in it).

Once there, you should also get the Windows Client Security Password Manager installation request.

Do not interrupt this installation, and install it once more. This time it should work and at the end you also get a request if you like to reboot your computer now or later (you haven't seen that before, have you?)

Maybe you can also get this, when you disable UAC temporary just to make this installation, and reenable it afterwards.

I hope this solved the problem for me now. When I get this again, I will write it here.

it does work

thank you!

and let me tell you that when this Client Security the first time to disturb me

i tried to stop some related processes and services in msconfig.exe

but i got nothing at last

then i tried to find the solution in some Chinese forums

nevertheless i got nothing still

in the end

i googled it- Client Security Password Manager

and then i got this webpage,had my problem solved

i should say

"Xie Xie"X-Trace

What's DOS?
csnorton

X-Trace's solution works.  However, even running Windows Explorer with Admin privledges was not enough.  It is best if you all-out disable UAC and then do it.  Only then was I prompted to restart my computer to finish the install of the Client Security Solution.  Once I did that, I've had no more problems with it.
Paper Tape
wrighton

Alas, I disabled UAC and did everything X-Trace suggested.  Now every time I open an Explorer Window, Client Security Solution tries to install and I receive the prompt to restart. 

However, restarting does not complete the installation, but instead starts the whole cycle over again as soon as I open an explorer window, even if I open it as an adminstrator.

What's DOS?
bscorpion

hi,

i am not an expert but i have done some thing and it worked so far so i want to share it with u

my exact problem was that every time i restart when i run explorer that creepy installer starts (and never completed)

wt i have done is that 1- entered regedit (actually i used a prog for that cuz mine was corrupted for some reason)

2- searched for lenvo app keys (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Apps)

3- deleted all Apps keys ( I dont know which 1 is the target so i deleted all ) i was just pissed of :smileyhappy:

4- just below it was security manager keys also deleted it

5- then i restarted my laptop

6- then run my computer the intsallation started but for the first time it completed the installation then requsted for restart

7- i restarted and problem solved so far

so if some experinced 1 can figure out wt is the exact key to delete and wt is the right steps ( cuz i am pretty sure i missed up lot of things) it maybe usefull for u 

thanks for ur help