Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
TinCan561

T61p - Please wait while Windows configures Client Security Password - Manager

My T61p system is fully updated, however I continue to get "Please with while windows configures Client Security Password - Manager." and then the computer trys to install
css_manager_vista_tpm.exe
over and over again.

What is the problem here and how can I solve?
How can I contact Lenovo-Thinkpad to assist?

The problem has reoccured even after I did a system restore to an earlier date.
It seems to initiate when I first boot up and then open up "Pictures"

Please help.

Thanks
Paper Tape
KGSchlegel

Re: T61p - Please wait while Windows configures Client Security Password - Manager

I, too, am having the same problem with my ThinkPad T61p anytime I open up any windows explorer window (i.e. My Computer, My Documents, etc.)
I can't quite recall when it started, but it's been at least a month now and has become a major annoyance.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Punch Card
Etoxqui

Re: T61p - Please wait while Windows configures Client Security Password - Manager

Install the lastest update from lenovo related with client security, but before backup your current passwords (Export option in the Cliente security software). Restart your computer, check that your old passwords already exists once started and disable the UAC (user control services) and the message dissapears.

Ebert
For roadwarriors, no options... Only the best!
*W520 Corei7, Win Pro 64 , 16 GB RAM, SSD 128 Gb, 500 Gb 2nd HDD, FHD, 2GB VRAM Nvidia
*T61p 6459CTO T9300 2.5 GHz /Vista Ultimate 32bits, 4 GB KINGSTON RAM, 15.4" WUXGA w/Intel Turbo memory, NVIDIA Quadro FX 256 RAM
160 gb HD, 9 cell battery
*LENOVO T61 7662CTO T7300 2.0 GHz /Vista Ultimate 32bits, 3 GB KINGSTON RAM, 14.1" WXGA w/Intel Turbo memory, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 128 RAM,
160 gb HD, 7 cell battery
*Thinkpad T42 Pentium M 735 1.7 Ghz, 1GB RAM /Win XP SP2,ATI RADEON 7500 32 Mb, 15", WiFi,Bluetooth, 40 Gb HD
Paper Tape
adushey

This doesn't seem to be an appropriate solution. Having to disable UAC to get this to work is ridiculous on Lenovo's part. Is there any other way around this issue, I am also having it, have done all updates and still having this pestering issue, unless I uninstall it won't go away. UAC is a security feature in Vista many like as it helps prevent bad/malware/virus programs from running without your notification-
Aaron
Paper Tape
mgray234

Has there been any kind of response on this?  I have the same challenges.  This just began 2 days ago with the last update and is frustrating.  Having to wait for this "install" each time you start-up is not only a waste of my time but is emabarrasing in front of a customer!
Paper Tape
adushey

What I had to end up doing was to delete all the password entries, reboot and recreate them. This seems to have fixed the issue.
Paper Tape
mgray234

I would be willing to delete the passwords as suggested above though when I go to "Manage" in the Password Manager I have to provide my finger print (which works fine), a screen then flashes which goes too fast for me to read even when I am ready for it, and then I am back to where I started.

I remain frustrated!
Paper Tape
mgray234

So...if no one knows how to get this to install correctly...can someone tell me how to get it to stop trying to install!!
Paper Tape
adushey

Well, I take everything back. After removing all password entries and re-installing/rebooting, it worked for a while. But now it is doing it all over again. I tried to call techincal support, but they then said I would have to pay for software support and they only support hardware, and to re-install the OS. Great, jeez, I couldn't have tried that myself, and that is so simple and takes no time at all (detecing sarcasm yet?)
I do a lot of work for large corporations that are watching the IBM=>Lenovo takeover very closely to see if they are going to drop Thinkpads altogether and go with another laptop vendor. This type of weak support does not bode well. The person I was on the phone with was rude, hard to understand, and even told me there was no place to escalate the call to.
There is no replacement for customer support. It is sad to see no Lenovo involvement in this forum, and don't make the mistake of thinking this is an isolated problem at this time. It is growing.
Though Thinkpads are great Laptops, Toshiba used to have the market, but their support or should I say lack of it led to their downfall and position of leadership loss.
It will be no different if Lenovo continues to act like a machine churner.
Paper Tape
mgray234

I assume that someone from ThinkVantage Technologies monitors these boards.  Could someone have the courtesy to say something like...
  1. we are working on this...
  2. here is a temorary solution to get it to stop trying to install...
  3. you are the only ones having this problem so it must be user error...
  4. there is no solution so get used to it

Just something would be a start.