Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
maica

T61p Rescue and Recovery won't run

When I try to start Rescue and Recovery, the logo shows for a couple of  minutes, then goes away - the R&R dialog never appears.  I tried launching from the Toolbox, from the Thinkvantage folder in the Start menu, and from the "Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools" program in the Start menu - none of these work.

Probably related: when I run Lenovo update, there is a PC-Doctor update.  I choose to run this update.  I get a message that the update failed.

T61p 6459CTO

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

(did I forget anything?)

If I try to make a backup using the ThinkVantage  button at boot time, would that cooperate with application-made backups?  Would it honor the incremental/full cycle?

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,277

Re: T61p Rescue and Recovery won't run

[ Edited ]

which version of the RR are you trying to use. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
maica

version 4.3 (4.30.0027.00)

Thanks

Blue Screen Again
hhmcsv

I had exactly the same behaviour of "System Update" yesterday. It was solved by uninstalling the program and reinstalling a freshly downloaded copy. I'm running Win7.

Hans-Henrik
T60 2007-VPX CoreDuo T2400 1,83GHz, ATI x1300 SXGA+, Win8.1 Pro, 4Gb RAM (=3), Kingston SSDNow V200 128GB, MS Office 2007, OpenOffice. 3 more T60 in family!
Ctrl-Alt-Del
eliaskok

Yes as hhmcsv said try to uninstall it and then reinstall it. Also do you use the latest system update of lenovo?
Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
ok, so first of all, please tell me if you enter the RnR PDA if you press the F11 key by system start. If yes, then that is a positive point.
And also to directly answer your question: No, in this gui you cannot take a backup and I would not advice you to use this GUI and the point where to capture the backup from.

OK, now let's start into OS and go to %programfiles%\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery and try to start RnR from here.

If also this will not work, then dissable the UAC and try again.
The reson might be, that this application is blocked by something like UAC, or antivir.

Let me know, if any of the above will help.

Please don't do a reinstallation as a first step.

Cheers