Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
IBMweMissU

TVSU: sign up to keep it alive!

Hi to all forum members. This is where you need to "+1" if you belive, like I do, that TVSU is the most important part of ThinkVantage, and it needs to be kept alive and work reliably.

Just going through the forum, there are several messages about TVSU not working in a reliable manner, and Lenovo Staff replying about a transition to the new support site, and recommending that we use the site instead for the latest drivers. However, the site doesn't really work either - there are several version errors, no chronological filter, and absolutely no way to keep track of the latest released driver updates.

Support staff is excellent at solving individual queries via this forum, but it is amazing how many problems are solved just by having the right driver update, so I'm guessing they will join us in this campaign.

The goal is to appeal to whomever assigns assets to solve different issues, and have them see that TVSU is a very high priority. The way to do that is to have overwhelming response to this request. So come on guys, sign up.
TP600E > T41 > X61 > X201T > X220 i7 IPS 8GB 160GB SSD
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

Re: TVSU: sign up to keep it alive!

IBMweMissU wrote:

recommending that we use the site instead for the latest drivers.

That has been the standard recommendation as long as there has been any sort of download utility from IBM or Lenovo...  its nothing new.

In most cases the latest drivers will appear first on the download site and a bit later through the download utility.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Retired Employee
JameZ

+1 IBMweMissU but no worries the TVSU is not going to be sunset from what I know. (I use it daily too)...

The web team are working on to fix those bugs in the support site and making it much user friendly by bringing back the driver matrix.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

We (Lenovo) are also working hard to address the current issues seen with TVSU / TVUR / TI as well as improve their performance and usability.  Even so, it is good to hear the tools are needed and being used.

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

IBMweMissU please keep in mind that lenovo is working very hard to move & update the support site so be a little patient .lenovo was going to drop TVSU a year or so ago but they heard the custumers and brought it back

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Serial Port
IBMweMissU

"lenovo was going to drop TVSU a year or so ago but they heard the custumers and brought it back"

Yes, I remember that one, was there too!
Great to see the "big guns" are taking this seriously.
Keep in mind, I'm totally thrilled to be a Thinkpad user, just wanna keep it that way.
TP600E > T41 > X61 > X201T > X220 i7 IPS 8GB 160GB SSD
Token Ring
mjdl

[ Edited ]

IBMweMissU wrote:
no chronological filter, and absolutely no way to keep track of the latest released driver updates.
That's exactly what amazed me when Lenovo switched to the new support site: why didn't they recognize the site's primary use & importance to users: keeping up-to-date with fixes relevant their machine model/operating system? That should have driven the design process, I think.
Oh well, better late than never, I suppose...
One more thought/request for Lenovo: if a new Lenovo/Thinkvantage driver/program update merely includes new machine models other than the one Lenovo Update is running on, i.e no actual driver/program fixes, then the update should not be offered by the Lenovo Update program, even optionally, to that machine--it is irrelevant.
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

IBMweMissU wrote:

and absolutely no way to keep track of the latest released driver updates.

"Latest Drivers" has been on the Lenovo support site for a while now.....

Latest Drivers.jpg

See... http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT050904

Please read the explanatory text at the top of the table.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Token Ring
mjdl

Yes, I knew about that list, but it's nothing like the old style update lists on www-307, customized for each machine model & OS.

But website changes always happen, I just wish some of the old bits had been the model for the new shiny bits...

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

if you click on driver matrics and then on your system on the page that opens its like the old site

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC