Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
JNavas

Re: TVSU: sign up to keep it alive!

mjdl wrote:

Yes, I agree, of course I use those Windows features if things go wrong, but installers generally shouldn't finish incomplete, which is what happened with the TVSU update, which I corrected with a subsequent manual application of the installer. Some users might not know how to do that and require Lenovo Support's assistance.

Fair enough, but not even Windows Update and Installer are perfect. I just had a case where an update kept failing, and I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get the update to complete successfully. Apparently an update hadn't completed successfully. At one time Microsoft even had a cleanup tool for Windows Installer, but retired it after finding that it could cause damage.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
802.11n
JNavas

IBMweMissU wrote:
Ok, another follow up: apparently, BiOS 1.19 was released for X220 on 20th July. I found this by reading the fan humming thread. Note that NEITHER the Driver RSS feed NOR TVSU are showing this, even now, And the driver matrix on the NEW support website shows BiOS 1.16 !!!

The new website is broken. See New e-support site - Now Live!

TVSU is often behind the Driver Matrix. See BUG: System Update fails to offer latest versions of some components

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

IBMweMissU wrote:

Note that NEITHER the Driver RSS feed NOR TVSU are showing this, even now

And the driver matrix on the NEW support website shows BiOS 1.16 !!!

The RSS feed and System Update (and it IBM predecessors) have pretty much always lagged the download site by a few weeks.  There nothing new about that.

The download lists for X220 models are offering BIOS version 1.19 of download.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8duj09us.exe

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

billbolton wrote:

IBMweMissU wrote:

Note that NEITHER the Driver RSS feed NOR TVSU are showing this, even now

And the driver matrix on the NEW support website shows BiOS 1.16 !!!

The RSS feed and System Update (and it IBM predecessors) have pretty much always lagged the download site by a few weeks.  There nothing new about that.

The download lists for X220 models are offering BIOS version 1.19 of download.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8duj09us.exe

Cheers,

Bill

That page is a classic example of irrelevance to the issue at hand --

if it's not listed in the Driver Matrix, RSS feed, and TVSU, then it might as well not exist.

Surely you don't expect us to search the site regularly for all possible components?

But you're right that it's an old (very old) problem.

Hope that helps,
John
Retired Employee
JameZ

@JNavas,

Before the migration the Driver Matrix & RSS feeds comes out at the same time. Currently the team are going though a migration thus they are already working on the Driver Matrix and RSS feeds to work properly.

I do use RSS feeds often to check for updates and TVSU is used only when I do a clean install on a laptop then too lazy to find the drivers and let TVSU do all the downloads for me while I free myself to do other things.

As Parkerjnc mentioned in page 1, they are already working on improving the preformance of TVSU and TVUR.

Appreciate everyone's understanding and patience while we go through this migration.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

JameZ wrote:
@JNavas,
Before the migration the Driver Matrix & RSS feeds comes out at the same time. Currently the team are going though a migration thus they are already working on the Driver Matrix and RSS feeds to work properly.
I do use RSS feeds often to check for updates and TVSU is used only when I do a clean install on a laptop then too lazy to find the drivers and let TVSU do all the downloads for me while I free myself to do other things.
As Parkerjnc mentioned in page 1, they are already working on improving the preformance of TVSU and TVUR.
Appreciate everyone's understanding and patience while we go through this migration.
//JameZ

JameZ,

Appreciate the comments and explanations, but (with respect and courtesy) these issues should have been worked out completely before taking the new (ugh) site live.

Hope that helps,
John
Punch Card
Radioguy

Some here have misinterpreted the OP when she mentioned the chronological order of updates for a specific model. Just to clarify her point, I have captured what may be the last time I'll ever see the most effecient method of listing new updates:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1618/731201181641pm.png

If those at Lenovo are truly taking the comments posted here into consideration, then I can think of no more important advice to take, short of preserving SU, than to restore this chronological display method for each model subtype on lenovo.com.

T61 - 6465CTO - T7300 - WSXGA+ - 4GB - 100GB - X3100 - Win7 Ult 32
802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

Radioguy wrote:

Some here have misinterpreted the OP when she mentioned the chronological order of updates for a specific model. Just to clarify her point, I have captured what may be the last time I'll ever see the most effecient method of listing new updates: http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1618/731201181641pm.png

If those at Lenovo are truly taking the comments posted here into consideration, then I can think of no more important advice to take, short of preserving SU, than to restore this chronological display method for each model subtype on lenovo.com.

Hear, hear! What he said (wrote)!

Hope that helps,
John
Punch Card
Radioguy

In anticipation of being corrected: I don't know if the OP is a "he" or "she", I saw "miss" and went with that. ;^)
T61 - 6465CTO - T7300 - WSXGA+ - 4GB - 100GB - X3100 - Win7 Ult 32
Punch Card
Tglerge2

I just used System Update today for a W500 and a T60, and was quite pleased with how most/all missing drivers (per Device Manager) were updated and installed. I did not even mind the many shutdown/reboot cycles I had to deal with. It was just nice to get it done in a more or less automated manner. Since the older support page goes off line after today, it will be interesting to see how TVSU works with Lenovo's new support site. Thanks.