Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
mjdl

Re: TVSU: sign up to keep it alive!

Radioguy wrote:

Some here have misinterpreted the OP when she mentioned the chronological order of updates for a specific model. Just to clarify her point, I have captured what may be the last time I'll ever see the most efficient method of listing new updates:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1618/731201181641pm.png

If those at Lenovo are truly taking the comments posted here into consideration, then I can think of no more important advice to take, short of preserving SU, than to restore this chronological display method for each model subtype on lenovo.com.

Radioguy has said it all, without my usual verbiage: the chronological listing was a logical and efficient way of seeing if there were any new non-trivial updates for a particular model without having to search through many different system component categories in the driver matrix listing, especially if TVSU has somehow managed not to install an update correctly, as occasionally happens.

The old www-307 pages also had maybe a little less boilerplate before the eyes focused on the meat of a page, and the pages generally had a little higher information density... but those are really minor cavils compared the the functional aspects.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 137

[ Edited ]

radioguy and JNavas,

We really appreciate your feedback. In regard to the driver listing by date and OS, our support team has added this into enhancement list. In fact there are some discussions about that as well.

Anyway, I suggest to post in this discussion board for anything regarding new support site so it'll be easier for others to participate. This current thread is about TVSU afterall.

Thanks folks.

Best regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
IBMweMissU

First off - op is a HE.

Next - when I ran TVSU today, it updated itself, and I was thinking yay - maybe they fixed it! However, it then proceeded to show me 3 updates, all 3 windows hotfixes. When I tried to install them, it installed 2, and told me that the third was not meant for my computer.

So now, it seems that in addition to being "lost in time", TVSU is no longer ablento pick the right drivers ?
TP600E > T41 > X61 > X201T > X220 i7 IPS 8GB 160GB SSD
Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]

Same Problem a couple of german users have reported in the german thinkpad-forum.de

-------

Thinkpad T61 / Win 7 / 64 Bit Ultimate Driver not suitable.
Thinkpad X60 / Win 7 / 32 Bit Ultimate Driver not suitable 
Thinkpad X31 / win 7 / 32 Bit Ultimate Driver not suitable

Thinkpad T410 / win7 / 64 Bit Bluescreen

Thinkpad T420 / win7 / 64 Bit Driver not suitable

Thinkpad X121e, Win7 64bit, E-350 downloads KB2528507  Message, that update failed and not suitable for the system

------

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

I've asked for lenovo help on the KB2528507 issue the readme file shows this is the initial release but it does nothing

readme.PNG

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

IBMweMissU wrote:
Next - when I ran TVSU today, it updated itself, and I was thinking yay - maybe they fixed it! However, it then proceeded to show me 3 updates, all 3 windows hotfixes. When I tried to install them, it installed 2, and told me that the third was not meant for my computer.
So now, it seems that in addition to being "lost in time", TVSU is no longer ablento pick the right drivers ?

It's a Windows fix, not a driver, and Windows Update will sometimes do this too, so I'm guessing it's a Microsoft issue, not a Lenovo issue.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

GMAC-R60 wrote:

I've asked for lenovo help on the KB2528507 issue the readme file shows this is the initial release but it does nothing

://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528507

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
What's DOS?
sasha_mal

Betreff: TVSU: sign up to keep it alive!

+9999.

System update is not working reliably, so it seems to me that its support has a second priority for Lenovo. And, as you know, first-priority issues are handled first and second-priority issues are never handled.

802.11n
JNavas

sasha_mal wrote:

+9999.

System update is not working reliably, so it seems to me that its support has a second priority for Lenovo. And, as you know, first-priority issues are handled first and second-priority issues are never handled.

I see it as a general degradation of quality and support, perhaps as a result of budget cuts:

• New website design sucks, and doesn't even work properly
  • RSS feed apparently abandoned
  • System Update offerings late or not at all
  • Toolbox update crashes
  • No support for basic issues like configuring mSATA SSD with HDD
  • ThinkPad quality standard now seems to be "good enough" (no longer "best of breed")

As a result, we have put new ThinkPad purchases on hold while we evaluate alternatives.

And with HP now trying to follow IBM out of the PC business, it will be that much harder.

Perhaps we really are entering the Post PC Era. :smileysad:

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Serial Port
IBMweMissU

Tried TVSU after a week. No updates detected. On a manual check, I see a new BiOS, a new graphics driver, so god knows what else. I guess that's what I'll be spending Sunday afternoon on instead of the kids. Aaarrrggghhh !

Is there any timeline for this to be fixed?

TP600E > T41 > X61 > X201T > X220 i7 IPS 8GB 160GB SSD