Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
kingskawn
Accepted Solution

Thin Install not willing to install drivers for new X220's ?

[ Edited ]

We just received some new X220's and I updated the drivers with Update Retriever.

When I start Thin Install, he's working but then does a reboot and right after it does nothing and nothing has changed either. The log is weird as I cannot see why he does that reboot.

The last page of the log hereunder:

Info	2011-11-09 , 07:39:52
	at Tvsu.Gur.RuleEvaluator.EvaluateDetectionMethod(IRule rule)
	Message: Detection method evaluated: _RegistryKey Result-> False

at Tvsu.Gur.GUR2.EvaluateSeverityOverride()

at Tvsu.Beans.UpdateDetector.LoadCoreqDependency()
	Exception:
		Message: An error ocurred while converting the element to xml: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
		Type: Tvt.XmlPackageProcessor.PackageConversionException
		   at Tvt.XmlPackageProcessor.XmlEngine.GetXml(IElement element)
   at Tvt.XmlPackageProcessor.SeverityElement.ToString()
   at System.String.Concat(Object[] args)
   at Tvsu.Beans.UpdateDetector.CalculateUpdateSeverityOverride()
   at Tvsu.Beans.UpdateDetector.LoadCoreqDependency()

at Tvsu.Coreq.CoreqProcessor.ProcessUpdatesImplementation(Update[] updates)

at Tvsu.Coreq.CoreqProcessor.ProcessUpdatesImplementation(Update[] updates)

at Tvsu.CommandLine.CommandLineParameters.StartCommanLineParameters(String[] arguments)

at Tvsu.Gui.FlowScreens.Messages.ShowStaticMessage(String message, String title, String mastheadtext, MessageType t, Boolean check)
	Message: Showing QUESTION Message: < One or more of the packages you selected to install will restart your system. It is recommended that you save any pending work. Do you want to proceed with the installation now? >

Severe	2011-11-09 , 07:39:52
	at Tvsu.CommandLine.CommandLineParameters.StartCommanLineParameters(String[] arguments)
	Exception:
		Message: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
		Type: System.InvalidOperationException
		   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
   at Tvsu.Gui.FlowScreens.Messages.ShowStaticMessage(String message, String title, String mastheadtext, MessageType t, Boolean check)

I think the error is related to a dialog box. When I run it manually a window popup appears: 'Notification of restart', even if in my command I set 'noreboot'.

EDIT: This is my command-line -> ThinInstaller.exe /CM -search A -action INSTALL -noicon -includerebootpackages 1,3,4 -log "C:\Windows\Temp" -noreboot

Serial Port
kingskawn

Re: Thin Install not willing to install drivers for new X220's ?

Ok, I found a quick solution all by myself :smileywink:

The bloody Ericsson F5521gw wireless WAN driver was set with 'Forces reboot'. (reboot type1). I changed this to type 3 and all was good. It is running now. I hope this driver will get installed anyway.