Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
thinkco

ThinInstaller - all Updates fail with Errors internal error -532459699 / eGatherer: -1066598274

Hi There

i try to use Thininstaller with SCCM Tasksequence and Windows XP Sp3 on a X201 model

i use this method already with Windows 7 and Windows Xp with different Models and it works pretty nicely.

in the above combination i do not get anything installed. in the log file i see that

a few updated get selected

Info 2010-12-17 , 04:36:19
 at Tvsu.Coreq.LoadCoreqsProcessor.ProcessUpdatesImplementation(Update[] ups)
Conexant Audio Software for Windows 7, Vista, and XP[reboot type 3]
Intel Wireless WiFi Link for Windows XP[reboot type 3]
Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver for Windows 32bit[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Windows XP[reboot type 3]
Thinkpad Integrated Camera Device Driver[reboot type 3]
STMicro TPM Driver for WinXP 32bit[reboot type 3]
Intel AMT 6.0 - MEI and SOL driver[reboot type 3]
Intel Chipset Support for Windows XP/Vista/7[reboot type 3]
Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows XP (GM55)[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Modem Adapter[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad UltraNav Driver for Windows 32-bit[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Power Management Driver[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Hotkey Features Integration Package Setup[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Power Manager[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad UltraNav Utility[reboot type null]
ThinkPad Wireless WAN (UNDP) Driver[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage GPS Version 2.60[reboot type 3]

but for every piece of software or update i get :

Info 2010-12-17 , 04:37:11
 at Tvsu.Engine.Process.PackageInstallerProcess.CheckDependencies(Update update)
 Message: Update 6imb05ww is NOT applicable. Error->internal error -532459699, program abort()

and :

Info 2010-12-17 , 04:37:14
 at Tvsu.Engine.Process.PackageInstallerProcess.CheckDependencies(Update update)
 Message: Update 85cx28ww is NOT applicable. Error->internal error -1066598274, program abort()

Severe 2010-12-17 , 04:37:14
 at Tvsu.Engine.Process.PackageInstallerProcess.InstallNewUpdates()

Info 2010-12-17 , 04:37:14
 at Tvsu.GenericPackageInstaller.GenericPackageInstaller..ctor(Update update)
 Message: Update Local Directory: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\\ThinInstaller\81u716ww\

does anyone have a hint how to fix this?

thanks in advance

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: ThinInstaller - all Updates fail with Errors internal error -532459699 / eGatherer: -1066598274

Hi,

in this situation  the main point is the following part from your report:

"... is not applicable ..."

This can mean ultiple things.

I assume, that you have downloaded the updates into a share repository using TVUR (ThinkVantage Update Retriever).

Did you also included the triplet from this X201 model into the TVUR and did you run the update again?

Just a question, because the above mentioned message can also mean, that the Triplet of the machine, where you want to install the update on it not in the applicable list.

For this task I would start TVUR and check one update, that did not installed on this machine, if by this update is also the MTM and OS of this machine listed. If not, then it needs to be added.

Let me know, any detail to this situation.

Cheers

Paper Tape
thinkco

Re: ThinInstaller - all Updates fail with Errors internal error -532459699 / eGatherer: -1066598274

Hello Herik,

thanks Herik, your hint regarding the triplet was indeed justified. i recognized that the OS was basically english with an applied language pack and i just had the added language in the repository. that may have cause the 'ist not applicable' error. even though the updates were downloaded and could be installed by manual starting them.

After i fixed the error with the triplet and added the basic language it worked a little better, hence installing like 6 out of 20 updates.

the os is pretty simple

WinXP with SP3 english with german language pack

.Net Framework 3.5 SP1

nothing else

today i rebuild my repository from scratch after recognizing that almost all files were updated lately on the lenovo website regarding this model.

but unfortunately it still does not work reliably with windows XP -> on Windows 7 it no problem at all.

it looks like it detects all the suitable updates but does not extract them correctly to be used by the setup command issued later. it looks like this:

----------

Info 2011-01-07 , 10:33:31
 at Tvsu.Executor.CommandLauncher.ExecuteCommandLine(String dir, String cmd, String args, String _installType, Int64 timeOut, Boolean hide)
 Message: The parameters directory and command stay as follows:
Command: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\THININ~1\6na127ww\Setup.exe -s
Directory: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\\ThinInstaller\6na127ww\

at Tvsu.Executor.CommandLauncher.ExecuteCommandLine(String dir, String cmd, String args, String _installType, Int64 timeOut, Boolean hide)

Severe 2011-01-07 , 10:33:31
 Message: Error executing command: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\THININ~1\6na127ww\Setup.exe -s
 Exception:
  Type: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
     at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

--------------

on verifiying the exsistance of the setup in question i find that for example the 6na127ww.exe is there but could not be extracted.

if i run the setup in question manually it works like a charm.

if you need any other information i am happy to supply them.

the scan detects all those updates:

Info 2011-01-07 , 10:26:53
 at Tvsu.Coreq.LoadCoreqsProcessor.ProcessUpdatesImplementation(Update[] ups)
Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver for Windows 32bit[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Modem Adapter[reboot type 3]
Help Center[reboot type 3]
Intel Wireless WiFi Link for Windows XP[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage Productivity Center for ThinkPad[reboot type 3]
Thinkpad Integrated Camera Device Driver[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage Active Protection System (32bit)[reboot type 3]
Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox (32-bit)[reboot type 0]
Message Center[reboot type 0]
Intel Chipset Support for Windows XP/Vista/7[reboot type 3]
Intel AMT 6.0 - MEI and SOL driver[reboot type 3]
Conexant Audio Software for Windows 7, Vista, and XP[reboot type 3]
Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows XP (GM55)[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Windows XP[reboot type 3]
STMicro TPM Driver for WinXP 32bit[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software 5.8.5[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad UltraNav Driver for Windows 32-bit[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Power Management Driver[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Hotkey Features Integration Package Setup[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad EasyEject Utility[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad Power Manager[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage Communications Utility[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP[reboot type 3]
ThinkPad UltraNav Utility[reboot type null]
ThinkPad Wireless WAN (UNDP) Driver[reboot type 3]
ThinkVantage GPS Version 2.60[reboot type 3]

and these ones work:

Message: Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver for Windows 32bitupdate with hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2F&CC_010601 was installed successfully
        Message: Update Intel Rapid Storage AHCI Driver for Windows 32bit was installed successfully
        Message: Update ThinkPad Modem Adapter was installed successfully
        Message: Update Intel Wireless WiFi Link for Windows XP was installed successfully
        Message: Update Thinkpad Integrated Camera Device Driver was installed successfully
        Message: Update ThinkVantage Active Protection System (32bit) was installed successfully
        Message: Update Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox (32-bit) was installed successfully
        Message: Update Intel Chipset Support for Windows XP/Vista/7 was installed successfully
        Message: Update Intel AMT 6.0 - MEI and SOL driver was installed successfully

and these failed:

Message: Update ThinkVantage Productivity Center for ThinkPad installation failed
        Message: Update Conexant Audio Software for Windows 7, Vista, and XP installation failed
        Message: Update Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows XP (GM55) installation failed
        Message: Update ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Windows XP installation failed
        Message: Update STMicro TPM Driver for WinXP 32bit installation failed
        Message: Update ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software 5.8.5 installation failed
        Message: Update ThinkPad UltraNav Driver for Windows 32-bit installation failed
        Message: Update ThinkPad Power Management Driver installation failed
        Message: Because coreq update installation failed, Update ThinkPad EasyEject Utility installation failed
        Message: Because coreq update installation failed, Update ThinkPad Power Manager installation failed
        Message: Because coreq update installation failed, Update ThinkVantage Communications Utility installation failed
        Message: Because coreq update installation failed, Update ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows XP installation failed
        Message: Because coreq update installation failed, Update ThinkPad Hotkey Features Integration Package Setup installation faile
        Message: Because coreq update installation failed, Update ThinkPad UltraNav Utility installation failed
        Message: Update ThinkPad Wireless WAN (UNDP) Driver installation failed
        Message: Because coreq update installation failed, Update ThinkVantage GPS Version 2.60 installation failed

thanks

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
only for testing purpose, try following:
- change the OS variable %temp% and %tmp% to point to folder  C:\temp (also please create this folder)
- on this is done, restart the machine
- once booted up start TVSU and run the update again

Let me know if anything changes.

This change worked by other situation, where also only certain updates could not get installed, while the rest was working.

According the package "6na127w" that you noticed in the first part of your update:
This is a ThinInstaller application, which do not contain any executable. This is a source package, that get's unzipped and that is it. This is basically a small version of TVSU, what do not need to be installed. You just point it to a TVUR repostiroy and then execute it and it will do the same ans TVSU (update the system).
Bacause this package do not contain any setup.exe, this message is expectable. However, what it is doing in the update is something unknown.
I have today updates multiple machines. Some with Win7 and some with Vista and XP and by any of them I have seen, that ThinInstaller was installed.

Anyway, just a question, so that I have all the info: Are you downloading the updates directly from the web (using TVSU), or you are pointing TVSU to a repostiory, that was created using TVUR?

Cheers