Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
MacGyverRick

ThinkVantage Access Connections Balloon "always" pops up

Hi there, I like the baloon feedback, but it pops up when I haven't changed locations. Like now, I'm connected by wire, and the balloon just appeared to notify me. No pattern. I've been wired all day. haha coffee too. If I was running wireless, I could excuse it for being a connection speed change or something. But wired? What's going on? W500 (4058) WinXP ThinkVantage Access Connections TAC version 5.50 Build 61CX16WW
Rick
W500 4058-CTO WinXP
Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: ThinkVantage Access Connections Balloon "always" pops up

Hi,
this might happen sometimes, when there is a slize "shaking" in the connection, so AC thinks, that becasue the connection was fo <1sec down, then it will popu an information, that the connection is there.

Anyway, you can disable it in AC GUI:
- open AC
- go to Tools tab
- global settings
- uncheck all the 3 options, that you see in here

This will spear you from the messages.

Cheers

SCSI Port
MacGyverRick

[ Edited ]

Thanks again Herik. I considered your point of sensitivity to the connection,  too...

To consider....

My T61 and T60 didn't do that.

When wireless, the AC notification balloon appears to "behave appropriately". i.e., pops up as the speed fluctuated due to change in the laptop location or environment (e.g., 52Mbps, 130bps, etc...)

I noticed a casual relationship when I change battery power settings, I on occassion imediately get the baloon.

Though a low priority for me, I figure it warrants further investigation (or a "less sensitive" Wired setting?).

Rick
W500 4058-CTO WinXP
Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

I'll be honest with you....  I don't understand what you mean with the last note :smileysad:

Cheers