Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
ConiKost
Accepted Solution

ThinkVantage GPS v2.11 - x64 Version is missing!

Hi!

I got a problem here :smileysad: 

I installed my System new and wanted to download ThinkVantage GPS 2.11

-> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70376.html

But there is problem! The download does not include a x64 Version.

What can I do?

Lenovo X200 Tablet [7450-EQG]
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 137

Re: ThinkVantage GPS v2.11 - x64 Version is missing!

Hi ConiKost,

May i know which operating system are you using? Have you tried installing it to your system?

I checked out the readme file for TVT GPS 2.11 and discovered that this version does support Windows Vista 32bit and 64 bit, and Windows XP 32bit.

Do let us know if you have solved the problem. :smileywink: Thanks!

- Cleo

I'm away until 6 Oct.
WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
ConiKost

Hi! 

The Problem is, that the 2.11 32-Bit version says, that there is no wwan adapter. But there is one and its working for me. Version 2.01 also includes an x64 version, which workes fine for me. (32-bit Version of 2.01 says also that there is no wwan adapter)

Conrad 

I am using here Vista Ultimate x64

gan
Topics: 4
Kudos: 111
Solutions: 108

If you manually download GPS 2.11 there is a cmd file included that check if your system is 32 or 64bit and then start the correct installer since there are two different installers for 32 and 64bit. With the previous version both the 32 and 64 where included, but for 2.11 the 64bit installer is missing which i'm pretty sure is a mistake by Lenovo and bit odd it's been like that for a month now with no new file posted by Lenovo where the 64bit version is included as well.

If you download and install system update then system update will find GPS 2.11 (x64) and download/install on your computer which seem to work fine, but as far as i know the 64bit version is not available to download manually from Lenovo at the moment.

Gan

Cleo_Lenovo

Hello guys,

Thanks for your info. It really helps for us to drill down the problem. Anyway, I'll check with the team about this and get back to you guys asap, ok?

Regards,

Cleo

I'm away until 6 Oct.
WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
gan

Thank you Cleo. That sounds fine and no rush for me since i installed the software using system update, but i usually prefer to not use system update to install the Lenovo drivers/software.

Regards

Gan

Punch Card
ConiKost

Hey gan, 

could you send me the 2.11 x64 version?

System Update does not show anything about GPS :smileysad:

gan

[ Edited ]

Maybe the reason why system update doesn't find the GPS software is because you don't have the previous version installed. Don't know if that might be the case or not, but i also find system update to be a bit unpredictable so it might just be because or the normal issues with system update.

If you need the previous version (2.01 x64) you can find it here:

http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7vgp27ww.exe
http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7vgp27ww.txt

For version 2.11 x64 i only have the contents found under the "system update\session" folder. That's the installation files downloaded by system update to successfully install GPS 2.11 on my Vista x64, but it was installed by system update and i have not tried to install GPS 2.11 manually using those files. If you want to give it a try you can download those files using this link:

The worst thing that could happen is that the installation won't run just like when you try to install the 32bits version of the GPS software. If you try then please let me know how it works.

Gan

Message Edited by gan on 02-13-2009 01:10 AM
Cleo_Lenovo

Hi folks,

TVT GPS newer version is now on testing stage and shall be available for downloads if it passes the test. Stay tuned!

Regards,

Cleo

I'm away until 6 Oct.
WW Social Media

Punch Card
ConiKost

Any news on this? 

Still no release :smileysad: