Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
elmarjason
Accepted Solution

ThinkVantage System Update Servers down the whole weekend?

[ Edited ]

I have received my new E320 just yesterday (saturday morning in germany) and i haven't managed to update it with the System Update 4. System Update server not available. Please contact the administrator.

Have i made an error in configuration or are the servers generally not a availablke this weekend?

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

Re: ThinkVantage System Update Servers down the whole weekend?

Not aware of any outages.  What is your Machine Type?

Fanfold Paper
elmarjason

Okay, those weren't outages.

On a preconfigured machine there is this entry in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lenovo\System Update]

"Vendor"="THINK"

On my 1298-5QG this wasn't the case as i bought the machine w/out OS. As soon as i entered this value into the registry the System Update Server was accessible. Obviously the server checks for this value ...

802.11n
abvasili

x120e thinkvantage system update

Hi

Form yesterday tvsu on my x120e is not working. I get a message: The System Update Server is currently unavailable, Please Try again later. It is stuck on 15% on searching: Lenovo Help Center.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or something is not OK with my installation?

abvasili

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
Who helped you today? Do not forget to thank him.
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
802.11n
abvasili

Re: x120e thinkvantage system update

[ Edited ]

Ok, issue solved from here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/ThinkVantage-System-Update-Servers-down-the-wh...

@community MODs: This thread can be moved there. I thought that this could be x120e specific. Sorry.

:smileyhappy:

Cheers

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
802.11n
abvasili

[ Edited ]

Thank you elmarjason,

I had the same issue as you, and your suggestion worked for me.

IMO tv system update software should be updated to address this issue.

You can mark this as solved :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 259
Solutions: 137

parkerjnc, do you think that is possible to have the registry entry fixed with newer version of TVSU? It will benefits those not using lenovo preload.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

Although I have heard of this issue where the Vendor value in the registry somehow becomes "UNDEFINED" and causes TVSU to stop looking for updates, I have not been able to recreate so we don't know the root cause.  Again today I installed plain Win7 with SP1 (thinking it is an SP1 issue) on a ThinkPad and installed TVSU and it worked just fine.

If any forum members have seen this issue, can you please post what machine and what OS you were using.  Also let me know if it was a clean OS install or a factory preload.

802.11n
abvasili

@parkerjnc

I have an x120e 05962ru. I installed plain windows 7 professional 64bit sp1 and after installation the Vendor value in the registry became "UNDEFINED" and caused TVSU to stop looking for updates.

abvasili

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

What version of TVSU did you install?  What exactly is the file name of the installation package?

Did you reboot after installing TVSU?