Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
abvasili

Re: ThinkVantage System Update Servers down the whole weekend?

Version of TVSU 4.01.0015. Filename: systemupdate401-2011-07-25.exe.

And yes, I restarted a few times my laptop. Only a day later I found this thread.

abvasili

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
Who helped you today? Do not forget to thank him.
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

Just did the same exact thing here on an X120e with Win7 SP1 64-bit.  Once the OS install completed I installed TVSU and immediately after that install completed (before rebooting) I checked the registry and it was already "THINK".   So I still cannot see how it comes to be "UNDEFINED" sometimes.  Did you install TVSU manually using the gui?

802.11n
abvasili

Yes, I downloaded a copy form lenovo/support and installed it manually.

I installed and reinstalled it a few times because I thought something was not right with the installation...

Checked the registry and UNDEFINED was there. Changing it to think, made the program work immediately without having to restart computer.

So this happened to me... I hope we can have some more feedback from other users.

abvasili

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
802.11n
abvasili

@parkerjnc

Maybe later today I will reinstall my windows 7. I will use a plain copy of windows 7 pro 64bit, and install it  in UEFI mode. I will report back if the same problem will be repeated.

abvasili

802.11n
abvasili

Hi

Just finished installing plain windows 7, pro. The value on registry still UNDEFINED.

So... (at least in my case) something is not OK with the program...

abvasili

Lenovo Staff
parkerjnc

So after installing Win 7 Pro you installed TVSU and before restarting the registry said "UNDEFINED"?  And when you restart and rerun TVSU, does it stay "UNDEFINED"?

802.11n
abvasili

Yes, the value stays "undefined" even after restarting computer.

abvasili

Paper Tape
karl_eller

For me, this issue only appears when formatting the HDD/SSD and installing Windows 7 in UEFI-Only mode (no legacy BIOS). If I install Win7 in Legacy mode, Vendor will be 'THINK', but if I install it in UEFI-only mode, Vendor is 'UNDEFINED' and you have to manually change the registry key in order for TVSU to work.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

karl_eller wrote:

For me, this issue only appears when formatting the HDD/SSD and installing Windows 7 in UEFI-Only mode (no legacy BIOS). If I install Win7 in Legacy mode, Vendor will be 'THINK', but if I install it in UEFI-only mode, Vendor is 'UNDEFINED' and you have to manually change the registry key in order for TVSU to work.

We're aware of that issue and working on a fix.

What's DOS?
cpaccot

Re: ThinkVantage System Update Servers

Just trying to update a new X1 with windows 7..." ...error was detected with the package.catalog for your system on the System Update Server"....??....I do have a X301, never had this problem before