Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
km
What's DOS?
km

ThinkVantage Toolbox has stopped working

My computer was turned off for about 2 months this summer (mid July-mid Sept). Since then, the ThinkVantage Toolbox has not worked. Every 10 minutes or so, an error message pops up saying "Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox has stopped working". If I try to open the toolbox, I receive the same message. I've downloaded and installed all of the ThinkVantage updates as of today but still have the same problem. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: ThinkVantage Toolbox has stopped working

hey km,

uninstall the ThinkVantage Toolbox software. go to http://support.lenovo.com . download the latest version and install it.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
gaoxiaoxi

Hello,

Have you fixed this problem? I have exactly the same problem as yours. Do you mind sharing your experience about how you fix it? Thanks!!!

Xiaoxi

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Please go here:  http://web.lenovothinkvantagetoolbox.com/index.html#top

from the panel on the left, click on the download link to install the latest version.  Are you still having the problem after installing the latest version?   let us know, thanks.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
brucelangston

[ Edited ]

I have been having this same problem, "Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox has stopped working," on my T400 and now its replacement, the T420, for two years now.

I found this discussion and decided to try the recommended uninstall/reinstall and post my results, since no one else has. I uninstalled and and navigated to the recommended location at support.lenovo.com. There, I found a tool that I assumed would provide a way to download the new Thinkvantage Toolbox installer. It was way to complicated, wanted to download a tool just to identify the model of notebook I have.

After I downloaded the tool and identified my system, how to download the actual Thinkvantage toolbox was not clear. I finally found a download for it, version 1.0.5812.9.

I downloaded and began the install. It installed, or started installing, version 6.0.5849.23 of Toolbox. It repeatedly (three times, maybe) displayed the "Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox has stopped working" message during the install, but did show a "install completed message" or something like that, eventually.

When I try to start the Toolbox by clicking the icon on the taskbar, it keeped crashing. So, I uninstalled it again, with the intent of rebooting before re-installing. It generated the "Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox has stopped working" message during the uninstall. It showed an uninstall completed message.

I rebooted. I started a re-install and the progress bar quickly went to about half complete, sat there for about a minute, then showed a complete box, of some kind.

At the same time, it threw up a “Thinkvantage Toolbox has stopped working” message.

When I click the thinkvantage button on the taskbar, it starts the app, shows the "Starting" splashbox, then the GUI and then crashes. Very disappointing.

Bruce