Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
TTFOTV

ThinkVantage removal from tool line

Hi all,

I just bought the X220 and its starting to cause me grief. Even though Ive unchecked (a billion times) the ThinkVantage icon on my tool line it keeps coming back whenever I turn on the computer. This is tarting to get a little bit annoying. Also it pops up with some "important message"... however its not. Is it possible to turn theese things off? I dont know if this is related, but yesterday my computer told me that some installation failed (I wasnt installing anything), I cliked on the notification and to chinese signs came up. Isnt Thinkpads supposed to work?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: ThinkVantage removal from tool line

Welcome to the forum!
Are you talking about the Lenovo Thinkvantage Tool box?   A blue round icon with a wrench on it on the desktop?
If so, you might refer to this KB article on how to eliminate it from the toolbar...
You may also elect to uninstall this program.  Beginning tommorrow 2/10/12, a new diagnostic, Lenovo Solution Center (LSC) will be available on the support site.  Check this page for updates starting tomorrow.
Best regards,
Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Guru
Mornsgrans

Re: ThinkVantage removal from tool line

[ Edited ]

The "Lenovo Solution Center" can be downloaded now. The first users in thinkpad-forum.de are amazed.

It looks more cheerful and the users  are surprized, that even the warranty-status of the battery can be displayed.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection