Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
dbucher

Re: Thinkpad key stopped working (As well as Fn+F9 !!!!) What is this new bug from Lenovo ?

After aroung 120 hours of searching - shame on Lenovo and their crap software without any support - I was able to find how bad they program and document their software :

I found a program called ""C:\Program Files\Lenovo\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe"
I just started it and my blue key works again...

120 hours at $40/hour : I lost 4800 US$ !!!!

Never NEVER EVER say again that Lenovo is for business ! Lenovo is for home users that doesn't car if their hardware doesn't work !

If you need Productivity software and efficiency forget about it :-((((((((

And my Fn-F9 key still doens't work, by the way,,,

And once again I won't have time to sleep this night because it took me HOURS to search on this problem because there is NO SUPPORT AT ALL AT LENOVO :-(((

I'm really disgusted...

Serial Port
dbucher

Re: Thinkpad key stopped working (As well as Fn+F9 !!!!) What is this new bug from Lenovo ?

mixz1: yes XP with latest updates (automatic Windows updates)
WWAN
mixz1

My personal experience with this exact problem was to uninstall the onscreen display and hotkey software that was pushed via ThinkVantage System Update. I then reinstalled the original driver package that was located in the C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\HOTKEY folder. It appears as though later versions do not work well with SP3. This restored all the hotkey functions as well as the blue ThinkVantage button and the onscreen display.

There are several common problems emerging with Access Connections, wireless drivers, and the hotkey functions that are clearly the result of insufficient testing of SP3. As to who is responsible for the testing, Microsoft or Lenovo, you can have your own opinions. I for one, think Lenovo should have been on top of this.
T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
Serial Port
dbucher

Congratulations, you're an expert !!!

I did exactely what you suggested (important precision : to uninstall you have first to execute the program you spoke about) and now I have everything working with the old driver (May 2006) :

Blue key : works again
Fn F2 : is working
Fn F3 : is working
Fn F4 : is working
Fn F5 : is working
Fn F7 : is working
Fn F8 : is working
Fn F9 : is working

Great !

And I took one hour with a top-level Lenovo manager to show him the problems but thank to your help I already got the solution when he came... He suggested that maybe my antivirus or another program could block the new hotkey driver

But it still doesn't work if I do a system Update of hotkey. So I won't do it...

WWAN
mixz1

I'm glad I was able to help you. Don't use System Update until there's an SP3 compliant driver set. Do the board a favor and Mark your last post 'Solved".
T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask
Serial Port
dbucher

[SOLVED] Re: Thinkpad key stopped working (As well as Fn+F9 !!!!) What is this new bug from Lenovo ?

Yes thank you, but I don't know how to mark it as solved :-)