Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
dbucher

Re: Lenovo programs completely bugged !!! All keys bugged !

Thank you for your help, I tried this, but it still doesn't work, the keys still don't work !

I don't understand the problem, I tought it was easy : a program to detect the key and a program launched when the key is pressed ?
Serial Port
dbucher

Re: Thinkpad key stopped working (As well as Fn+F9 !!!!) What is this new bug from Lenovo ?

Hello !

No solution, does it means Thinkvantage doesn't work and there is no solution for them to work ?

I'm REALLY VERY disapointed now :-(
Punch Card
Quantique

Re: Thinkpad key stopped working (As well as Fn+F9 !!!!) What is this new bug from Lenovo ?

It works for others, maybe you should try to restore the system...
T61p 6460-D8G, Vista (downgrade to XP soon...), T9300, Quadro FX570M, 15,4' WUXGA...
Serial Port
dbucher

I don't know what happened on my system but I would be happy to have some solutions even if it works for others...

And I think it doesn't work for everyone, as I have many customers with the same problem. The difference is that they simply decided to avoid Thinkvantage and not use it anymore...

I don't understand why there is no solution to simply uninstall and reinstall the software... I don't even know which software is managing the "Thinkvantage" key !

And sadly I can't afford a complete reinstall of my computer, I estimated it at around $10'000 (approximately 1-2 weeks of work)...
(Too many softwares and special configs)
Paper Tape
Walkcoolboy

ok, i have the same problem too, now. My computer is Z61m, 945047u.
This problem is happened right after i update Hotkey driver from Version 2.07.1003 to Version 2.07.1005.
Another possible cause is that I have installed Windows XP services pack 3 recently.

all functional keys work well except fn+f2, fn+f3, fn+f7, fn+f8, fn+f9

please look into it.

Thanks too.

Paper Tape
Walkcoolboy

another news, problem solved.

just uninstall both the magnify tool and on screen display tool, then re-install them again, reboot.

It's works now, at least on my laptop.

Good luck!
Serial Port
dbucher

I uninstalled a program called "Incrustation" with a "Fn" logo. And "Thinkpad FullScreen Magnifier".
Now I'm rebooting and will try to install them again and let you know :-)
Serial Port
dbucher

I uninstalled so many Thinkvantage software and then reinstalled "System Update" which reinstalled a lot of them.
Some elements are now working again.

But still no Fn+F9
And still no blue Thinkvantage key !
Serial Port
dbucher

Ok it i still not working and I don't understand why because :

1. I have the laster version of TP HOTKEY

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\TPHOTKEY contains 8001
and File = C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~2\PrdCtr\LPL1.exe

Therefore is it a bug in Thinkpad Hotkey driver ????????????????

Thanks a lot in advance
WWAN
mixz1

Are you running XP and have you recently installed Service Pack 3?
T520 4239-CTO
T61/p 6459-CTO (Gone but not forgotten)
A31/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 gig memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask