Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
BoilerJim

Thinkvantage Toolbox Issue.

I have a W510 running a 64bit  Windows 7.  It's a year old.  I did upgrade the disk drive to a 256GB Crucial SSD in January of this year.

Yesterday when I hit the blue ThinkVantage button, the toolbox came up (as in the past) BUT within a second I had an error message on the screen that said: "License Authentification Failed" on the banner and "This version of Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox is not licensed to run on this system." behind the big red X in the box.

I am fairly sure that I had run the toolbox after I upgraded the hard drive to the SSD...   but not 100% sure.

What do I do to fix this?   I tried downloading the Lenovo Solution Center, but it does not list the W510 as supported and it immediately had the machine as out of warranty, when there are two years left on the warranty as both the toolbox and the Lenovo web site show...   I would like to have the toolbox working and fully available.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Thinkvantage Toolbox Issue.

ThinkVantage toolbox has gone end-of-life and is no longer supported or available for download from Lenovo.  Since LSC is not supported on anything but the latest systems (like W520), unfortunately there isn't any software available like toolbox or LSC for your W510 currently.  None of this is my decision, I am simply giving you information about what the current situation is.

Token Ring
BMGRAHAM

Token Ring
BMGRAHAM

[ Edited ]

I don't know whether I was just not looking for maybe they changed it, but it isn't supported and there are a lot of us that still have these machines.  What is stopping you Lenovo from putting out a solution that works for your biggest customers in which category I believe we fall, for those of us that still have W510?

Fanfold Paper
cannongeorge

Anybody know a solution?

I am a W510 WIN7 64bit user and also have the identical issue. 

Is Lenovo throwing W510 users under the bus?  I doubt it, there are many W510 users besides BMGRAHAM and I!

Somebody please enlighten us... (Thanks!)

Broadband 3G
sclexman

I have pc-doctor (Lenovo thnkvantage tool) installed on my machine and it works just fine.( I  saved a copy of the installer.exe several years back).

How you tried to install Lenovo Solutions Center on your machine?  Even though  your machine is not listed on the supported machine list, it does not mean it will not work.  Typically the supported machines are the ones LSC has been tested on.

My desktop machine is from 2008 and LSC runs on it (not that I am a fan of LSC).  

Fanfold Paper
cannongeorge

Thank you.

My edition of ThinkVantage Tools runs, but unable to obtain current software/driver updates.  It recognizes an update is necessary and then it bombs out upon trying to obtain the update, and instead refers me to the Lenovo Solutions Center Site. 

I am hesitant to install software for a non-listed machine, very bad things can happen if applying patches/drivers that are untested.  I am hoping somebody at Lenovo will clarify this?

Broadband 3G
sclexman

[ Edited ]

LSC should run on your machine.  As far as drivers, that is a whole other area.  Never install a driver on your machine which does not list your machine.

==

You are talking about Lenovo Thinkvantage tools  screen(not pc-doctor LTT).  This post topic is  pc-doctor. 

Updates and drivers  is just a simple link to  Lenovo SYSTEM Update. 

Navigate to C\program files(x86)\lenovo\system update\tvsu.exe

Right click, create shortcut, add it to the desktop.  (this avoids the LTTscreen)

So, System Update is not workiing for you.  Open a new post.. (about system update).

It sounds like when System Update started up, it determined a newer release of SU is available, and you are bombing

out when System Update is trying to update itself. 

The refer to is the LENOVO support site, NOT lenovo solutions center site.

LSC does NOT install update/drivers, etc. It is a diagnostic tool. It does self update itself also.

You will have to describe what you clicked on in the LENOVO THINKvantage tools screen.

Does your screen look simiilar to this: (it may be slightly different) ?

Capture.PNG

Broadband 3G
sclexman

Lenovo has now generally released SU 5.06.16. If you run SU, it will now auto-update your installed release.

This is where you are bombing.  Open up a new post with system update in the topic.

Token Ring
BMGRAHAM

In the past it didn't work but I installed it today and it did work.