Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Model40-770

Thinkvantage help on t61

trying to sort out a friends of mines thinkpad for him.......short story.......he did a windows system restore as far back as it would go.....then the computer wouldn't boot........it would show the xp screen loading(factory vista ultimate machine but had xp loaded to run some uncompatable programs) well he never made any back up disks......and while i was gone another guy came up and said "i can fix that" and used his hp pavillion restore disks on the machine........this is where i started.....

and were i am now is trying to see what i need to do to fix the thinkvantage system to working properly......it never shows the full gig capicity for the hard drive so i think the hidden partition is in tack....so i just need to get the right drives download and put them in......most likely it will be after a fresh vista or xp install.........and doing it manualy......what should be the first one i load into the machine once i get windows up and going
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 165
Solutions: 103

Re: Thinkvantage help on t61

Install the Lenovo System Update tool (current version is 3.13) and let it find the update that the system needs.

The System Update tool download is accessible through the "Downloads and Drivers" web page for your particular ThinkPad configuration on the Lenovo Support web site.

Cheers,

Bill
------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo