Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
mikew3
Accepted Solution

Trackpoint Scrolling Cursor?

When I hold down the middle mouse button on my Thinkpad, the mouse cursor changes into a "pointer with a scroll bar", and then I can use the trackpoint nob to scroll a document or webpage. I really like this feature.

I want to know where I can find this .cur or .ico file. I've searched my system but I cannot find it. I also cannot find it on the web. 

Can anyone provide the file or the image file?

Thanks

Ctrl-Alt-Del
x61yang

Re: Trackpoint Scrolling Cursor?

I think this is because you got rid of the Thinkpad Ultranav driver. The ""pointer with a scroll bar" is a original Windows function,
Punch Card
mikew3

[ Edited ]

Uh, I still have the UltraNav drivers. I'm talking specifically about the UltraNav feature of using the middle button to scroll. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have the driver, the button would act as a normal Middle Mouse Click and not as a scroller

Here is a screenshot of the cursor/icon file that I'm looking for:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/lenovo-ibm/78851d1339604869-ultranav-scroll-cursor-icon-...

I've never seen this other than on Thinkpads. You are saying that is a standard Windows icon?

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

[ Edited ]

Hi Mikew3,

I hope you are doing well it would seem that you are looking for an ico file so you can then use the icon   trackpoint scrolling cursor with another program? Am I correct?

If I am on target for what you are attempting to do I don't think you can being as all of this is built into the program used with thinkpad trackpoint. The windows version of what you use on a thinkpad looks like circle with dot in the middle and a arrow above pointing up and arrow pointing down. Which is used when you hold middle mouse button on mouse.

So it would seem that thinkpad have the bar with cursor to allow you to scroll and windows has it own icon for scrolling.

I hope this helps some.

HIro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Punch Card
mikew3

Thanks sir

Yes I'm trying to use this cursor icon for my own use. 

I figured that it must be built into the trackpoint driver since I can't find it anywhere

What's DOS?
jeremejevs

All cursors are in %PROGRAMFILES%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe. You can extract an actual .cur with this: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iconsext.html

I've created my own aero-compatible cursors, here's a brief tutorial on how to replace them: http://wiki.jeremejevs.com/Windows_8#Replace_UltraNav_cursors