Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
brucelangston

Update to Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox, 60580224x86 crashes

I think that LTT runs every time I boot.  A couple nights ago, I booted my t400 running WXP32 with latest updates from Microsoft, and LTT notified me an update was available.  It installed and ran and crashed.  Now, whenever I boot up I get a pop up window from Windows: "Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox has encountered a problem and needs to close.We are sorry, etc."

I downloaded the upodate manually from http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/lttsetup_60580224x86.exe and re-installed it.  Same behavior.

LTT used to be a pain running all the time, but now that I understand it and have tuned, I've come to rely on it.  Anyone else seeing this?

Bruce

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Update to Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox, 60580224x86 crashes

hey brucelangston,

could you uninstall all Lenovo software that you have on your unit and then reinstall them back ?

i believie that it could be some other Lenovo software besides the LTT that is causing the LTT to misbehave.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
brucelangston

Serge, Thank you for your reply, care and attention. I will uninstall and reinstall. Can you tell me how and in which order? In Add/Remove Programs, I have Lenovo Fingerprint Software (V 3.2.0.341), Lenovo Registration, the Lenovo System Interface Drive (V 1.01), the ThinkVantage Toolbox, Message Center (V2.01g) and Message Center Plus (V2.0.0012.00) Bruce
Retired Employee
Serge1410

in any order will be fine.

i do recommend removing all of which you have mention above and reinstall from the last software remove up til the first one that was remove

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
brucelangston

I realize I have a lot more software Lenovo components than those I listed above: Online Data Backup v1.00,0001 Presentation Director V 4.30a (Is this Lenovo software? I can't find it in c:\program files) Productivity Center Supplement for ThinkPad v3.00b Rescue and Recovery 4.21.v0030.00 (I'm uncomfortable uninstalling, without a real reason, something with this name.) ThinkPad Bluetooth with enhanced data rate software v 5.5.0.7400 ThinkPad EasyJect ThinkPad Full Screen Magnifier ThinkPad Modem Adapter ThinkPad power Management Driver ThinkPad Power Manager ThinkPad UltraNav Driver ThinkPad UltraNav Utility ThinkVantage Access Connections ThinkVantage Access Protection System ThinkVantage Productivity Center ThinkVantage System Update While I appreciate your offer of help, Serge, I am uncomfortable with what sounds to me like "uninstall everything and reinstall it in the reverse order." I did all of those listed in my second post. When I get to Toolbox and reinstall it I get the error. Thanks, Bruce
Retired Employee
Serge1410

could you provide a screenshot of the error?

WW Social Media

JLG
Fanfold Paper
JLG

Yes.  Same problem.  I installed the update in February.  It self-crashes.  I click on the warning telling it to close. It restarts autonomously and then crashes again within a few seconds.  Pretty frustrating.  Problem start ed rifght after I installed an update that the program advised me to install.

What's DOS?
hippo273

I also expefrience problems with the lenovo toolbox.  Version 6.0.5849.23 under vista 32bit.   I have three Thinkpads all about the same age running stock standard lenovo build, no rinky-dink applications etc, just the basics.   I used to have issues with the toolbox with all three, but one recieved notification of a toolbox update in Feb, I updated it - it seemed to cure the issue on that machine, however the version number remained the same as the other two (?).   Now with the remaining two I cannot even access the 'check for updates' option in order to update before I get the 'Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox has stopped working...'   Is there a manual update option I can use rather than via the toolbox?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
brucelangston

[ Edited ]

Seemingly randomly, the Windows dialog pop-up ("Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox has stopped working") below appears.  If I restart the toolbox by clicking the taskbar icon, I get the same Windows dialog pop-up ("Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox has stopped working") followed by the actual Toolbox application window popup, which last on the screen for about five seconds. Then both disappear.

Link to picture

Seems to coincide with evidence, in the Windows application log, of PC-Doctor Launcher coincidng with the failure:

Problem signature:
P1: pcdrcui.exe
P2: 6.0.5849.23
P3: 4e089982
P4: mscorlib
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 4e1539fa
P7: 53c2
P8: 18c
P9: XRL3LIS5SXOSYWFL3YM3QCQZPONIL1EX
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\blangston\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9456.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\blangston\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_pcdrcui.exe_e27a5450559210ed6826b38983e371ba73d2dbf4_1812b109

(Sometimes I see, in the Windows Application event log, evidence of VSS Volume Shadow copy software starting about two minutes prior to the toolbox crash.

Bruce

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules