Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
sfwrtr

WWAN connection fails following sleep/hibernate - requires reboot/restart

I have a Vista SP1 X61T with a MC5725 Rev 2 built-in slaved to Verizon.  The card works great, but after sleeping or hibernating the unit, whilst the system gets great reception and associates with the access point, it can never receive the IP address.  If fails to connect and "how can I fix" this returns nothing useful.  Neither Access Connections nor VZ Access Manager succeed.  Funny thing is, since I have an Internet Radio player running, during the connection attempt it actually can stream Internet radio  (it stores the x.x.x.x address and doesn't have to do a DNS lookup address).  The system just cannot connect.

If I restart the system, it connects immediately.  (It doesn't even have to be a cold reboot.)  This affects only the WWAN, not the WiFi.

Anybody else experiencing this symptom? 

Anybody know what to do about it?

I've had this problem since I bought the X61T the day of its release, and yes, I am up-to-date with MS and Lenovo, including the current BIOS.  This wasn't a hot issue for me until recently since now I am using the cell modem almost every day instead of 2 or 3 times a month.

Help, please!  Thanks in advance.

What's DOS?
jcarterwil

Re: WWAN connection fails following sleep/hibernate - requires reboot/restart

I have same exact problem with no resolution.
Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,
please check whether you have following patches installed on your system:
USB S3 Power Management Enablement
Registry patch to improve USB device detection on resume from sleep

You can check it in Control Panel-> Software
Blue Screen Again
sfwrtr

This was the answer given me by phone support and it did no good(*).

An update of Access Connections, however, seems to have done helped, mostly.  So long as I disconnect the WWAN using the Access Connections hotkey before sleep or hibernate, I can bring it back after waking the system.  However, sometimes I have to toggle the hardware switch before the system can actually cause the system to see the WWAN.

The situation is better than a reboot...

(*) It did temporarily help the sleep of death issue, where the system doesn't sleep and after about ten minutes reboots after an invisible BSOD.  However, after recent Lenovo updates, that issue has returned.  Applying the patches no longer helps. 

Paper Tape
uznevim

Hey guys, I have exactly the same problem with my X220i. Have you solved that issue? After sleep/hibernation I can't connect to internet using WAN radio..

Updating Access connections didn't help

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Martin

billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 203
Solutions: 104

uznevim wrote:
Hey guys, I have exactly the same problem with my X220i.

Since you will not be using the same WWAN card or Vista on an X220, you simply can't have exactly the same problem, and are very highly unlikely to have a problem that is related in any significant way.

Please post a description of your specific problem in the X series forum.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Paper Tape
uznevim

[ Edited ]

Well yesterday I found where the problem is. I updated Thinkvantage Access Connections to the version 5.95 and problem disappeared. In the description of the update they mention this issue.

I use X220i with Win7 Pro anyway. The problem wasn't in type of the computer, type of the WWAN card or operating system.

I had exactly the same problem.

Cheers

Moderator note; content contravening the rules removed. Forum Rules