Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
petarv
Accepted Solution

WWAN not present in Access Connections

Hi,

Few days ago I noticed that there is no Mobile Broadband connection in my Access Connections (I had it before). So here is what I tried:

a) if I click on Mobile hotspots in AC I can see my mobile provider but if I select it and click connect, error pops out. Help me fix this show error code 068 and two errors (out of coverage or sign-up period expired and mobile station is requesting a service option for which it has no subscription)

b) I am able to connect via windows network and sharing (icon on the bottom right next to clock) on the same provider. In this case AC lists my WWAN connection and it shows it as "Connected". If I use disconnect and connect again inside AC same error appears

c) Lenovo Mobile broadband activation didn't help, it says that my country is not supported (Croatia, Vipnet provider)

d) I reinstalled AC, Mobile Broadband Activation, Lenovo hotkey, drivers for Ericsson F5521GW so all are up to date (AC is 5.95)

e) tried to disable WWAN adapter in BIOS, restart, enable again, restart

f) SMS feature works within AC

g) I removed SIM card and insert it again

h) WWAN adapter is powered on via Fn+F5 option

I) what I noticed is that before this happened my mobile broadband connection was called something like "Vipnet mobile broadband" and it's only "HR VIP"

My hardware and software info:

Lenovo T520 4242-D25

AC v5.95

Ericsson F5521GW WWAN driver v6.5.1.5

Lenovo Mobile Broadband activation v4.1.1004

Lenovo Power Manager v6.32

Hotkey Feature Integration v3.80.0000

Windows 7 x64 Ent SP1

Regards.

Ron_9972
Topics: 18
Kudos: 66
Solutions: 37

Re: WWAN not present in Access Connections

[ Edited ]

Hi petarv,

I would start by uninstalling Access Connections and reinstalling it from here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73682

These two threads may offer you some help:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Access-Connection-WAN-WWAN-not-available/td-p/...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Special_Interest_Utilities/message-id/20634

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/WIFI-and-WWAN-connected-simultaneously/td-p/3...

Let us know if this helps.

Did you find a post awesome? A great response? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a 'thank you' for helping you out!

Serial Port
petarv

[ Edited ]

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you think that lower version of AC will solve my issue? I checked out the links you provided and this one https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/WIFI-and-WWAN-connected-simultaneously/td-p/3... is about sharing WWAN connection via WiFi. This worked for me before this problem arise but I didn't try it now because it's not something I need (to share my WWAN through WiFi). Also I don't have any active connection while trying to connect to WWAN through AC and I tried to turn off or disable all other network adapters.

This link http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Special_Interest_Utilities/message-id/20634 just opens a Reply to my question so I belive you've pasted the wrong one :-)).

I will try to download AC 5.92 today and test it.

Regards,

Petar.

UPDATE:

I've downloaded AC from you link, uninstalled 5.95 version, restart, installed this version, restart...again it's not working :-(.

Ron_9972

[ Edited ]

petarv,

I apologize that I posted a link for Access Connections version 5.92.  I'm not sure why the support site is linking to an old version, but the most current version is 5.95.  I found that out through google.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_TH/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS030044

Here is the link I meant to post earlier:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Access-Connection-WAN-WWAN-not-available/td-p/...

Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a 'thank you' for helping you out!

RedEd12
Topics: 5
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 13

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

This may not solve the problem, but I didn't see the firmware yet mentioned here, you may want to install this: Ericsson F5521gw Wireless WAN Firmware for Windows 7

That's just one thing I didn't see suggested here, otherwise Ron has covered all the bases I would have :smileyhappy:

Good luck!

Ed

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
Ron_9972

Also, petarv,

What version of BIOS do you have?

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

petarv wrote:

Hi,

Few days ago I noticed that there is no Mobile Broadband connection in my Access Connections (I had it before). So here is what I tried:

a) if I click on Mobile hotspots in AC I can see my mobile provider but if I select it and click connect, error pops out. Help me fix this show error code 068 and two errors (out of coverage or sign-up period expired and mobile station is requesting a service option for which it has no subscription)

b) I am able to connect via windows network and sharing (icon on the bottom right next to clock) on the same provider. In this case AC lists my WWAN connection and it shows it as "Connected". If I use disconnect and connect again inside AC same error appears

c) Lenovo Mobile broadband activation didn't help, it says that my country is not supported (Croatia, Vipnet provider)

d) I reinstalled AC, Mobile Broadband Activation, Lenovo hotkey, drivers for Ericsson F5521GW so all are up to date (AC is 5.95)

e) tried to disable WWAN adapter in BIOS, restart, enable again, restart

f) SMS feature works within AC

g) I removed SIM card and insert it again

h) WWAN adapter is powered on via Fn+F5 option

I) what I noticed is that before this happened my mobile broadband connection was called something like "Vipnet mobile broadband" and it's only "HR VIP"

My hardware and software info:

Lenovo T520 4242-D25

AC v5.95

Ericsson F5521GW WWAN driver v6.5.1.5

Lenovo Mobile Broadband activation v4.1.1004

Lenovo Power Manager v6.32

Hotkey Feature Integration v3.80.0000

Windows 7 x64 Ent SP1

Regards.

Which carrier are you trying to connect using Access Connections ?

Serial Port
petarv

Hi all,

@Ron - I uninstalled AC version 5.92 and reverted to 5.95 (strange thing is that System Update didn't  warn me about new version while 5.92 was installed :smileysurprised: also I tried to run System update while 5.92 was uninstalled and also got info that there is no package available)

2nd link you provided doesn't' make much sense to me, sry. I tried some of options mentioned there but it didn't help.

My bios is latest v1.38

@Red - I tried to update firmware for my F5521GW and I got a message "Nothing to update"

@bsnf - My SIM card is from Vodafone VIPnet Croatia. I'm trying to connect to that network.

I've just checked some info via Lenovo Solution Center and I saw that my F5521GW driver is version v1.5.2.0 but I downloaded and installed latest drivers available on Lenovo drivers page twice now (v6.5.1.5).

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Petar.

Serial Port
petarv

Hi again,

Well this one is for the books. After I finished all the steps in my previous post I decided to let this matter go for the rest of the day because I have a lot of work. 

Few minutes ago I restarted my laptop because it stopped responding (one of my internal work applications hanged). After boot I clicked on AC to connect to my work LAN network and VOILA!!! "Vipnet Mobile Broadband" WWAN connection was there, and working! 

One thing I noticed that now I can change the properties of this connection, select data carrier, username, password....before on HR VIP (old one that didn't work) edit button was grayed out. Everything is as it used to be before the mixup. What is the solution? Not sure, perhaps a lot of reinstalls, 20 or so rebooting....?

I wish to thank you all for you support in this matter. 

Regards,

Petar.