Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
lobon

X220t - No brightness tile in Simple Tap and Window Mobile Center

Hi there, I have used my X220t for several months. I remember that Simple Tap and WMC both have the brightness tile when it comes with the machine. The brightness tile disappeared after I updated to Simple Tap 2. (I vaguely remember that I have tried to trash the Brightness tile in the old Simple Tap. This might be the mistake I have done.) And I find that it is not there in WMC too. After that, I update all the windows updates and lenovo updates I can, but the brightness tile never come back.

I am sure this is not a domain/user right problem. I am not in a domain and I am the administrator. I have the brightness control in the power option. I can also change brightness using Fn+Home/End. So this has to be something else.

My question is simple here. How do I fix this without reinstalling the whole machine?

I have tried reinstalling display driver and monitor inf for several times. No use.

I have looked into WMC, but there is no reinstallation/redetection procedure available from MS. 

I have even looked in to registry to see if I can regedit it out. No use.

This has frustrated me for weeks.

Without brightness tile, Simpletap is useless. So I have uninstalled it.

Hope someone has a solution. Please suggest me some ideas and many thanks.

Fanfold Paper
lobon

Re: X220t - No brightness tile in Simple Tap and Window Mobile Center

Coming back to the problem, I found that many ppl on the web do mention about a registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MobilePC

which I seems to be completely missing. I guess this may be one of the problem leading to the abnormaly of the tile in window mobility center. Could someone with a normal x220t tell me what is the content(s) under this key? In case, please also tell me what should be under this registry key too, (which I happen to have some values there)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC

After I got that, I shall try setting them. many thanks.

Fanfold Paper
lobon

Re: X220t - No brightness tile in Simple Tap and Window Mobile Center

[ Edited ]

after 3 more months of trying, I still cannot get my brightness tile back :

Link to picture

it is sad and I wish someone in lenovo support can believe in my story and give me some idea on how to fix it. I know there is no much hope in fixing it. Perhaps my only way is to move everything to another new account, which has brightness tile (yes, opening a new account gives me a WMC with brightness tile.) Anyway, many thanks.

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules