Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
drixomanbeta

XP Productivity Centre/Message Centre's Mail Checker

Been using Thinkpad for some time now and recently I been going through stuff in Program Files and for the first time found a neat thing called a Mail Checker in the Producitivity Center folder (never knew it existed). Went about some experiment and research only to found out it only "works" if you have a backdrop keboard LED, which I don't have. Well I did get it to highlight blue in the Productivity Center's Message Center area but obviously I won't have any clue when. 

Some confusion: I also have the separate Message Center installed so I was wondering what relationship does that have to the Productivity Center? Because I was thinking since I can't notified through the Prod. Center's Message Center maybe I can get it to pop up a bubble from the system tray... (I didn't upgrade it with Plus yet). But I have doubt that kind of relationship doesn't really exist between the two program. Any idea? Or is it really not feasible?

Thanks.

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

Re: XP Productivity Centre/Message Centre's Mail Checker

if you open prod. cen. then click view all messages that will open this then click on preferences then  uncheck the box hide bubble mess. the messages will popup from the tray on the right they also show in thinkvantage toolbox

messcent.PNG

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

you can also get RSS feeds click customize from prod. cent.

message center.PNG

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Serial Port
drixomanbeta

Sorry but that does really help much...done all that and seen nothing different.

What does the standalone Message Center actually do? beside getting info from Lenovo? I mean can it be used in some other way by itself or receive any input from, say the Prod Center? In the mail checker case it seem to only work in Prod Center and does not affect the standalone Message Center in anyway.  It seem that this program is fairly useless if all it can do is to take input from Lenovo.

Thanks.