Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
shawnAB

access connection reg entries for "allow wireless connection at windows logon"

Hi,
    We use Access Connection on our XP machines.  we have a serious login delay when access connection has "allow wireless connection at windows logon"

i need to disable this on a global scale, reg edit in login script for example. 
were i am stuck is that i can not find any reg entries related too it.  does anyone have any experience with doing this?

thanks

Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Re: access connection reg entries for "allow wireless connection at windows logon"

Do you have WZC service disabled?

Even though Access Connections does not use WZC, the OS on boot wants a "ready" signal for the WLAN card.  Which WZC has to provide.  No WZC means no signal, so it has to wait to time out. Just set the service to automatic.

Fanfold Paper
skt0074

Re: access connection reg entries for "allow wireless connection at windows logon"

[ Edited ]

Hi

I Have x200 with Win 7 Pro .

I'm not able to configure the wireless network through access connection .

It goes automatically to " Windows Wireless Service " Location .

Is there any thing to be done so I can use my access connection with different locations ?

Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

AC using WIndows Wireless Service usually occurs when AC does not have a matching profile that corresponds to a wirelesss profile created with WWS.  Can yoiu be more descriptive in how you can't configure?  Error messages? What isn;t happening?

Also, please try and open a new topic if you have a problem that isn't what a thread was opened on..