Paper Tape
PCK

rrstrigger.exe

When I start up I get a window open up saying:

Lenovo service trigger v0.1.

Event registered successfully

Start event successfully raised

Unregister rrservice provider successfully!-

Is this something I need to fix / what does it mean?

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Re: rrstrigger.exe

Hi,
the "rrstrigger.exe" file contains a process, that is used by Rescue and Recovery (RnR) application. This tool is started, when you do a RnR backup.
Usually this file is stored in :
%ProgramFiles%\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery

During the backup process it is started multiple times in following command line structure:
rrstrigger.exe -start

In your situation, I would also try to execute this file in this facshion and in case it would not change your situation, then start RnR application and dissable any startupion, or Backup checking tool, that can be executed during Windows startup, which is checking if there is any RnR backup.

Cheers

Paper Tape
zwanglos

I am still getting this pop up window at start up, any idea why it would be happening?

Lenovo Staff
Herik

Hi,

@ PCK,

did this changed your situation?

@ zwanglos,

did you disabled the RnR from the statup form following places:
- registry
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

- msconfig

(from the service and startup tab)

In case you did, then there must be other startup aplication, that is calling this file, as it always comme up during windows startup.Might it not be possible, that you configured RnR to check by every reboot on the last backup date? (Just a guess :smileyhappy: )

Cheers

Paper Tape
zwanglos

These solutions worked to fix this issue.
What's DOS?
damont

Dear all

Since yesterday my computer stopped responding (freezes) when boot-up about a minute from that annoying pop-up window appear. There's no way to do anything except to shutting down directly from On/Off button. I'm posting this message 'cause I'm desperate and the only way to do anything is to start Windows directly in Safe Mode.

Everything was running perfectly until this message appeared... so I'm asking you a couple of questions:

Is there a way to restore to its -original setings- from Safe Mode? I just restore but doesn't work (it just gives me the option to restore from a week ago) and this laptop doesn't have a CD/DVD rom =(

If I'm wrong and this window has nothing to do with it, what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Punch Card
rgaleh

Herik:  Your right on. This started after my rescue & recovery that I ran for the first time. I didn't have a chance to follow through on your suggestions as the error has disappeared on its own. Thanks for your support.

R. Gale Harter

Paper Tape
bam82

I disabled TVT Backup Service from the system configuration "msconfig" and it seems to have stopped my pop-up from occurring at startup. However, I do not use the Rescue and Recovery application to backup my system. Not sure if there would be any issues on machines that do use RnR.

Fanfold Paper
nicksred

I am getting this same message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrstrigger.exe

When I start up I get a window open up saying: Lenovo service trigger . Event registered successfully Start event successfully raised Unregister rrservice provider successfully

Any Help?
Fanfold Paper
nicksred

I am getting the same problem- Help Please?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Rescue and Recovery\rrstrigger.exe

When I start up I get a window open up saying: Lenovo service trigger v0.1. Event registered successfully Start event successfully raised Unregister rrservice provider successfully!-