Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
kevinf

weird problem with power manager please help

[ Edited ]

i have been getting weird problems after updating to the newest video drivers that fixed the intermittent freezing problem and updating power manager to 3.29. if i start the computer up in battery mode, the laptop will start up with the brightness setup at the level that i wanted for battery. but if i plug in the power adatper the brightness doesn't go up to the brightness that i specified for ac mode. when i go to power manager, it shows that my brightness for ac and battery is the same, which is not what i previously set as my brightness. if i readjust the brightness after experiencing the problem than everything is normal. if i startup the laptop in ac mode than there is no problem.

can anyone help please?

edit: i think the problem is coming from the video drivers still. uninstalling power manager still does the same thing.

when are you guys gonna get your video drivers right LENOVO.  first it's the input device freezing, now this.

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

Re: weird problem with power manager please help

bump...

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

it would be helpful if you could post which X-series and Operating System you have, even better post the Type and Model Number this will help members to help you. If it ends in CTO please provide some details about it. Please do NOT post your s/n.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

thanks for the reply. i have an x201 custom with i5 520m, 4gb (original 2gb), 500gb (original 160gb) hard drive, 6200 wifi card, bluetooth, 9 cell battery.

i just want to update that the problem happens randomly now. basically when i start up the system and check out the power manager, my ac brightness setting will be the same brighntess as the battery setting, which is too low for me.

Token Ring
napalm

[ Edited ]

power manager 3.30 came out today, you may try to "upgrade" to it and see what gives.

nap.

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

yeah i just tried that but it still does it sometimes (randomly). i just really want to see if this happens on other people's machines.

just to recap if it wasn't clear (this is a test scenario), i would plug the laptop in to the wall and then shut the laptop down, next i unplug the laptop from the wall and turn it on. after turning on i would plug the laptop in and SOMETIMES the brightness wouldn't go up to hte brightness that i had set for ac power.

although not a big problem, it is annoying because it is not suppose to be this way.

thanks

Token Ring
georg

kevinf wrote:  

can anyone help please?

Lenovo advises not to connect the power cord while the notebook is turned on. If you flout such instructions, you shouldn't blame Lenovo if it doesn't work the way you want it to.  Lenovo's ThinkPad Safety and Warranty Guide says:

Connect and disconnect cables as described in the following procedures when
installing, moving, or opening covers on this product or attached devices.

To connect:
1. Turn everything OFF.
2. First, attach all cables to devices.
3. Attach signal cables to connectors.
4. Attach power cords to outlets.
5. Turn devices ON.

To disconnect:
1. Turn everything OFF.
2. First, remove power cords from
outlets.
3. Remove signal cables from
connectors.
4. Remove all cables from devices.

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

seriously? so according to that i can't even connect a mouse to the laptop while it is on? unless if i am reading the "signal cables" part wrong. also if the laptop starts to run low on battery, i would have to turn the laptop off first and then connect to the outlet? i don't think it is very practical. unless if someone from lenovo can comment on this.

not saying you're wrong though

Token Ring
georg

Lenovo makes an exception for USB and 1394 (Firewire) devices. Such devices may be connected to the notebook while it is turned on.

kevinf wrote:
also if the laptop starts to run low on battery, i would have to turn the laptop off first and then connect to the outlet? i don't think it is very practical. 

Neither do i...

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

lol anybody have a solution or has tried it yet?