Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
cotestep

Can the Thinkvision L200p be used in portrait?

I have a IBM Thinkvision L200p which cannot be rotated to portrait (the base wont allow it).  In spite of that limitation, I would like to know whether the monitor can support rotation to portrait? (for heat dissipation, for instance)

My graphics card driver supports display rotation, and I am ready to make my own base to allow rotation to portrait.  I would just like to know whether it is safe to do so with that monitor.

Thanks!

community supermod
erik

Re: Can the Thinkvision L200p be used in portrait?

welcome to the forum!

heat dissipation shouldn't be an issue since heat would still be able to ventilate out the side.   take note of temps when in landscape orientation so you can compare when in portrait.   test it for a few days while tipped on its side before committing to it permanently.   if anything seems abnormally hot then you'll have your answer.

the L200p has a standard 100mm VESA mount on the back.   you should be able to unbolt it and reorient it in portrait mode using the original stand.   i haven't used an L200p personally but can't imagine this not working.

good luck!

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

What's DOS?
cotestep

Very good points - thank you very much! I will try that right away. 

community supermod
erik

no problem.   definitely let us know how it works.   i'm curious about this myself since it could be useful info to others as well.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

med
Punch Card
med

We ordered 28 L200ps and I have a few uses who use duel L200ps in portrait mode.  The only issue with it there appears there is a noticable bleed of white light comming from the left side ( the bottom if the monitor was landscape ).

We have them hooked up to some S10's, W500's and T400's with no issues.

Hope this helps.