Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
bjorseth
Accepted Solution

Connect my tv-tuner to my ThinkVision L2440p monitor

Hello

Is it possible to have two devices connected to my monitor and switch between them with the button in front of the monitor?

I tried to connect my laptop with a vga-cable and my tv-tuner with a hdmi-to-dvi cable to the monitor, but the monitor wont change between them when I press the button in font of my monitor.

I get the picture from my laptop, but when I push the button to change to my tv-tuner I get a message saying "power saving mode" for a couple of seconds before it switches back to my laptop..

The tv-tuner works fine connected to a tv with a standard hdmi-cable or scart-cable..

Do I got a faulty cable or is'nt this possible?

Sorry for my english.. :-)

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

Re: Connect my tv-tuner to my ThinkVision L2440p monitor

yes that is most likely because the monitor doesn't recognise the hdmi signal that is outputted from your tv tuner, i had a similar setup before.

What resolution and refresh rate are you using on the tv tuner when you output to the L2440p.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
bjorseth

I've tried all four resolutions supported on the tv tuner. i think it was 1080, 720, 576i and 576p. Don't know what refresh rate.

But i have tested this on another monitor, a Dell 24", and it worked. So i guess it is the resolution that is the problem.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

I guess you had the Dell 24 inch Ultrasharp monitors? Those one that have component video in ports? They have special video processors that can accept a wider range of resolutions and refresh rate.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft