Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
smallbear

Greyed Out Brightness/Contrast onThinkvision

I have a Lenovo LCD monitor connected to my E520 laptop. I decided against my better judgement to adjust the colour settings today and after setting the brightness up to 100% I no longer have access to the brightness control on my monitor. I've tried restarting, but the brightness/contrast button will not respond. Can anyone help?
Paper Tape
smallbear

Re: Greyed Out Brightness/Contrast onThinkvision

Some additional info: the brightness button on the monitor no longer works. I can access the settings by double-clicking the screens enter button, but in that menu brightness settings are greyed out. The computer/Windows is not remembering my calibration settings. I adjusted the gamma and colours to compensate, but it forgets after a few cold starts. Several reinstalls of the drivers doesn't help, trying to update the drivers doesn't help. The brightness adjusts on my laptop, but not on the external monitor. The monitor is an L197 Wide, laptop an E520, Windows 7 sp1, all updates and patches applied. I also tried creating a new user account and switching the graphics, no luck there either.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,236
Solutions: 1,328

Re: Greyed Out Brightness/Contrast onThinkvision

when did you get the monitor?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft