Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
stanhoney

L2321X display flickering when using DisplayPort

[ Edited ]

I just bought a L2321X (4014HB6) display and connected it via DisplayPort to my Thinkpad T410S laptop type 2910-CTO running Windows 7 32bit.  This laptop has the Intel integrated graphics.  The display flickers every minute or so, going black for 2-5 seconds.  Sometimes after the flicker a message comes up that says "display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered."   Generally, when the L2321X display flickers, the display on the laptop itself also flickers and goes black for a second or two.  I have the latest BIOS: 1.42, and the latest display driver 8.15.10.2312.  Windows updates are also current.   The laptop runs perfectly and never flickers when the display is not connected.  Any suggestions?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: L2321X display flickering when using DisplayPort

hey stanhoney,

could you uninstall the current graphic drivers and then let win7 install its generic drivers.

once that's done, see if the flickering still exist with your L2321X Monitor.

Also do test the monitor on a different computer if possible

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Punch Card
stanhoney

I uninstalled the current graphic drivers (8.15.10.2312), deleted them, and then let Win 7 install its generic drivers.  Win 7 installed 8.15.10.2253.  Unfortunately the L2321x is still flashing as before.  The monitor works fine driven from VGA, but I have not been able to find another computer with a DisplayPort output to test it with via DP.

Punch Card
stanhoney

[ Edited ]

I purchased a NEC E231W that has DisplayPort, DVI, and VGA inputs. It took me a little while to get it set up, but it works great via DisplayPort from the Lenovo Thinkpad T410S.  So I'll return both my original Lenovo L2321x monitor and the replacement L2321x that Lenovo sent me, neither of which worked in conjunction with the Lenovo T410s laptop.  The folks at Lenovo were very helpful on the phone and in sending out a replacement monitor right away, but we couldn't get either Lenovo monitor to work with the T410s.