Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Freeez

L2440X Driver for Windows 7 x64

Hello all together, how do I get a driver for Windows 7 x64 ago for this monitor?
Windows detects the monitor is only as PNP monitor.
The monitor is connected to an XFX 5850 by DP.
I had already downloaded the driver from Lenovo, but this can not be installed. there is only the message --
It was found driver software for the device but to install an error has occurred.
Lenovo L2440xwC (DP), the system can not find the file specified.

But this is me in the system folder.
Where is the problem?

Greetings from Frankfurt, Germany

community supermod
erik

Re: L2440X Driver for Windows 7 x64

welcome to the forum!

you should be able to install the INF file manually by replacing it with the generic one in the device manager control panel.

the files are available here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-72763.html

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Paper Tape
Freeez

This Driver not Works, the System fond no Drivers.

Thanks

community supermod
erik

in the device manager, what's listed under the 'monitors' tree?

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Paper Tape
Freeez

PNP Monitor Standard.

Punch Card
georgemacdonald

I wonder if the problem here is that HDCP (built-in DRM) is not supported though the Display Port interface (or the VGA interface). It is only supported through the DVI interface. Win7 x64 considers your use of your computer to be the business of Hollywood and Redmond, and if you want to enjoy HD content, then Win7 will *protect* that content at all costs, including disabling your computer hardware. This means refusing to allow unsigned drivers or 32-bit drivers into 64-bit systems that are under DRM-lockdown.

But this is conjecture on my part. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere. Or maybe Lenovo has no responsibility to past customers, and so leaves them hanging out there with hardware incompatibilities that will NEVER be fixed (because the L2440x has been discontinued, and Lenovo isn't going to sink another single penny into something--like updating the device driver--that can no longer make them any money).