Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
bublible
Accepted Solution

L2461x digitalizer mode

[ Edited ]

Hi there

I am going to buy this "beast" L2461x, actually it is already on its way to me but I am not sure if the functionaity I am buying it for "at the first place" really does what I expect to: in the manual there is written that in OS VISTA and WINDOWS 7 (this one I have installed here...x64 version ULTIMATE) it should work as/support for digitalizers.

So: do I understand it right that when I buy for example "WACOM Intuos3 Grip Pen" (it should come to me together with the L2461x  shipment) I could use its ability of pressure sensitivity (I draw a lot these days ya know :-D)? And if so: how to enable DIGITALIZER MODE in WINDOWS 7 x64 ULTIMATE to avoid hand input - how the LCD/OS know I want use digitalizer and not hand??? I am a bit messed here... :-(

P.S.: and if it does not support WACOM digitalizers (btw baterless and cordless) what exact digitalizers should I buy, any suggestion, hm? :-(

EDIT: btw I do not need multitouch, I just need tablet-like function with digitalizer pressure sensitivity

Serial Port
bublible

LCD L2461X - active digitiser?

Hi there

I have one really very important question for me: some time before I bought LCD Lenovo L2461x hoping it has got ACTIVE DIGITISER technology inside cos I found something like that in one of its manuals ("Multi-touch User's Guide") in section 1-2 CAPABILITIES - DIGITISER MODE (only for VISTA and W7 - using "HID-compliant USB digitiser") so I could use Wacom tablet PC pen with pressure sensitivity, but there was really nonone who could answer me this question (even the person from Slovaka Lennovo support team...ach!!!!!). I thought it could really be like that having in mind its quite hight price comparing other MT LCD's form other manufacturers that could suggest this feature is "on board".

So: does this LCD - L2461x - has ACTIVE DIGITISER TECHNOLOGY "on board" for Wacom tablet PC pens?

Serial Port
bublible

Re: L2461x digitalizer mode

[ Edited ]

is it normla that NO ONE FROM LENNOVO would answer this simple question for about 1.5 year???!!!! UNBELIEVABLE... :-(((((((((((((((((

It seems like there is none from Lenovo willing to answer this! Shame!!!

Moderator edit: Removed comment not following the Community Rules.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi bubible,

Remember that this is a user-to-user support community, and it is moderated by volunteers like me. Although there is some Lenovo presence, they can't read and respond to every post. They do try to help with some of the broader issues.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Serial Port
bublible

[ Edited ]

HI bananaman
OK, I didn't notice that, sorry... :-(
Anyway, isn't it strange that no one here ever hear about this or even ask this before?

Cos if it is like I am saying THEN this is absolutly the only competitor to WACOM 24HD/21U/PL2200 tablet as for the 24" size screen (I saw some 19" acitve digitiser models like BOSTO or YIYNOVA) - there is no other LCD that is 24" and has got active digitiser functionality...and the price talks for itself: L2461x (cca. 500 EUR), but WACOM 24HD (over 2000 EUR), man!!! That is why I am so anxious to know the right answer cos it would be really stupid for me to buy one just to know it does not have this functionality of active digitiser (aka WACOM PEN)....

Serial Port
bublible

SO thery finally answer me my question, first they trying to convince me I am wrong and there is no such thing like DIGITISER MODE in this L2461X model, they were saying it only has classic MultioTouch, BUT then I finnaly send them their own manuals from this model and after applying logic they say: YES, IF YOU USE THE RIGHT DIGITAL PEN (aka WACOM PENABLET PEN) AND IF YOU USE W7 OS IT WILL DEFFINITELY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Niceeeeee...but I still do not get how is that non-profi person have to learn some LENOVO IT PROFFESIONALS about this? :smileyvery-happy: Funny...
What's DOS?
DimitriosKalfas

Hello bublible!. Did you actualy make this set up does it work? Genius Idea im in the market for something similiar! :smileyhappy: .Do you think it would work with the  latest models such as the

(Lenovo B350 Touch)

how many pressure levels did you get by the way :smileyhappy: .