Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
oneshotnike
Accepted Solution

Monitor L192 Factory Default Settings Shrunked the actual display

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a Lenovo L192 Wide Flat Panel Monitor. Following are the details from my Device Manager.

Lenovo 3000 J115/7387 Desktop Bundle

Display Adapter: NVidia GeForce 210

Monitors: Generic PnP Monitor

Current/Existing display settings: 1440 x 990, 60 Hz

Upon performing a factory default setting through monitor display setting controls, the display shrunk the width by an inch.

There is no change in the height of the display. The resolution is still at 1440 x 990 at 60 Hz.

So for a 19" LCD monitor picture display, the diagonal length is 19", the width is 16" and the height is 10".

Therefore, after doing the default settings, the monitor screen displays picture where the diagonal length is now 18.5", length 15.5" and height same 10". I see an inch of the right side of the screen is all black, just like the display got shrinked to the left.

So I need your help to find a way to return the display settings to a full 19". I dont know why the default settings reduced the display size. 

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Monitor L192 Factory Default Settings Shrunked the actual display

hey oneshotnike,

welcome to the forum.

would it be possible for you to take a photo of your monitor and upload the image and place it here ?

I would like to see what you see. At the same time, mark the photo to indicate the "missing" area.

if you could, play around with the monitor display setting on the monitor and see what happens if you change the horizontal and vertical dimensions.

do play around via your desktop's display property as well.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
oneshotnike

Serge1410,

As per your recommendations, I tried to work with the monitor display settings, but there was no success in lengthening the display. Instead, I was able to move the window left to right and top to bottom. When the window came to right, the left 0.5" was left blank.

Following snapshots shows the display under high contrast settings with a half inch of blank display on the right side – on these photos check the three red tap pointing the blank portion.

http://tinypic.com/r/2niv7k6/5

http://tinypic.com/r/b4tcur/5

http://tinypic.com/r/1zev22g/5

Please let me know what else do I need to do to attain the full display.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

saw the images and my recommendation since you have played with the monitor buttons/menu as well ; is to call our support group via

http://bit.ly/LNVsuppNum

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
oneshotnike

[ Edited ]

I have finally solved this issue.

How did this happened in the first place...

There were days when the text and the picture on the L192W monitor would get fuzzy or blurry. To overcome the bluryness, I used to unplug the power and the analog video signal cable that connects to the PC - wait for some seconds - and replace the cords. The bluryness would go away (most of the times).

But, on this day, when the same blurryness happened again, to solve this issue, I tried to do a Factory Reset on the Monitor. The moment I did it, the black blank 1" strip came on (or as i stated - shrunked the actual display by 1" horizontally). There is no option to restore or undo the Factory Reset. I did a thorough research on the www and found no solution; therefore, I posted my query on this site.

Now the solution part...

Solution 1:

I had external GeForce 210 video card installed on my PC the day it happened.

Couple of days ago, I again had the blurry/fuzzy screen happening again. So I did the usual steps - unplug all the monitor cords - replug them in, but nothing happened.

So the next was to update the GE210 drivers. I did that and there was no improvement.

What came to my mind was to install the GE210 oldest driver version. I did install, but nothing happened.

I moved on, and installed the newest version available for Win7-32bit (as of 2012) = success!

The screen is back to the original size, no blank/black strips on the sides, no fuzzy or blurry text/picture.

Note: I am not a technology geek, whatever happened is all by applying what I had learned in college, i.e. "Trial and Error Method."

Success never ends, failure never fails!

Everyone thanks for your opinions.