Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Maso
Accepted Solution

Monitor Settings - Aspect Ratio

[ Edited ]
I just bought one of your computer monitors from Best Buys in Mooresville, North Carolina [#1133] with a four year extended warrantee. I bought the Lenovo - L2262 unit with the 21.5 inch screen. Monitor LI P/N: 0A46982. I paid $174.43.

Here's my problem:

I work with AutoCAD and I need my screen aspect ratio to be 1 to 1. It is shipped with an elongated aspect ratio and I don't like that. When I draw a square with my AutoCAD, I want it to be a square and not a rectangle. There must be somewhere in the settings of the program where I can reset the aspect ratio to 1 on 1 for my purposes.

Please respond.

Thomas De Lello
Catawba, NC.
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Monitor Settings - Aspect Ratio

This monitor accepts as same aspect ratio with input signal. It can be checked by Main Menu option.

Kindly refer to the user guide to know more about it.

The user guide can be downloaded from the mentioned below web link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=UM010606

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 274

Maso,

How is the display in other applications including Windows?  Does everything appear in correct proportion?

Have you been using the system with another display previous to your move to the L2262, and noted the squares were ... square as expected prior to switching displays?   What system are you using to drive the display?

What display resolution are you running?  Perhaps a non-native resolution might be selected?

I don't know autocad, and I'm sure you know your way around it pretty well.    That said, does autocad have a setting to lock aspect ratios?  I found some citations in their online user guide for the 2010 version here, but these seem to relate to rendering rather than creating basic shapes.

Anything else you can tell us about the configuration and your use prior to adding this display may help draw additional suggestions from the community.

Best regards

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
Maso

[ Edited ]

Well...

I think that I have my solution.

After considerable head scratching and reviewing of the available  PDF at:

http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's%20guides%20and%20manuals/Storages%20&%20Acc... 

I figured it out myself and now I have a 1 to 1 aspect ratio.

First I had to learn how to use the "On Screen Display" ( OSD ) which is really very trickey. Then find the "Scaling" function. With that I can switch it over to... "Original AR: same aspect ratio with input signal" and that works, but I have to live with an on screen image that doesn't fit my monitor and has two large black margins on either side.

I went back to the Mooresville Best Buys store to talk it over with the Geeks there, but they didn't have a clue and neither did the Sales Associates.

But... to answer your quesionns in order:

All of my display windows were distorted proportionally to 16/9 but not now that I found the "Scaling" function in the OSD. I replaced my old monitor that was square in configuration. It was a very old one, not a wide screen and it was not a flat screen either. It was a good one, but it burnt itself out. I liked it a lot. It gave me square squares. I was and still am on Windows XP, Home Edition. No problems with it. My screen resolution is: 1024 x 768. AutoCAD has a setting for everything you can think of, the problem is finding it...! I learned a long time ago not to mess with AutoCAD settings any more than nessesary unless you want to turn the program that you earn your living with into a "Train Wreak" fast, if you know what I mean.

Anyway... I have a 1 to 1 aspect ratio now that I figured out the OSD's "Scaling" variable, but I also have large black margins on either side of my wide screen... I can live with that, and I now know how to switch it back any time I want to.

Hay... thanx.... you're cool...!

Paper Tape
Maso

Ummm...

Feeling like a fool here.

I need to appologize to the Geeks at the Mooresville Best Buys store. They told me the right thing, but I didn't understand them. All I had to do was set my Windows resolution to 1920 x 1080 and everything would line up correctly. That's working for me now. It seems that the 1024 x 768 is just not a widescreen setting. It's real easy to get yourself out of date fast in the Electronic Revolution of the day.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

This is really nice to know that your issue has been resolved.

Enjoy your work now.:smileywink:

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!