Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
zricov

Monitors not waking from standby/sleep mode using DisplayPort cable

Hi All,

Having issues with monitors not waking from standby/sleep mode using DislpayPort cable that comes with Lenovo monitors.

Current PCs that are having issue:

M91 (slim), T420, T410, X220.

Monitors are L2251P (widescreen) and L2251Px (widescreen)

Can Lenovo or anyone confirm that the DisplayPort cables are Vesa 1.1a comliant?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Monitors not waking from standby/sleep mode using DisplayPort cable

hey zricov,

let me get this straight, the L2251P and L2251Px .. when you connect it to a M91 (slim), T420, T410 and X220 via DisplayPort ;

it cannot wake up when those units are on standby/sleep mode. No matter what combination you used the result is the same ?

Have you tried updating the drivers, bios, etc of all your units from http://support.lenovo.com ? If you have, could you post to this thread the current Bios and Graphic Card version that is on each of your units.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
zricov

Hi,

The issue my users are having have been with M91 (slim), T420 and X220 using Display port. The issue seems to be intermittent but always when a Display Port cable is being used. One user has two 22" Lenovo monitors and when the monitors go into sleep mode, the second monitor will not wake up. It also seems to be an issue when using Microsoft RDP client where the secondary monitor is disabled and I have to re-enable the secondary monitor using the Intel GPU software. I have updated the BIOS and Intel drivers to the latest version but the issue still persists. Other solutions is using VGA instead of Display Port.

What's DOS?
saloei

[ Edited ]

i manage to fix my DisplayPort sleep wakep-up problem by going to CONTROL PANEL>POWER OPTIONS>EDIT POWER SETTINGS>CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS>POWER BUTTON>POWER BUTTON ACTION and setting it to SLEEP instead of SHUTDOWN.

CMD.EXE SHUTDOWN -S -T 00

copy the above command, paste onto a blank new txt file and SAVE AS Shutdown.bat. Place on desktop and click to shutdown your pc.