Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
tjc1
Accepted Solution

Remove Monitor Arm L2250P for VESA

I plan to mount (2) Lenovo L2250P monitors on a third-party multiple-monitor stand using the VESA mounting holes.

I need to remove the arms that extend down from the swivel mount - it would appear that there is a pry-off plastic cover and several screws - is this correct?   There isn't room to maintain the arms extending down, nor would I want to leave them that way, and there is no instruction on this removal anywhere.

Thanks,

Jeff

What's DOS?
spaceboyllb

Re: Remove Monitor Arm L2250P for VESA

At the top of the arm is a cylindrical plastic cowling covering the arm hinge. Put the monitor down flat on its front (on a cloth is a good idea to prevent scratches), tilt the arm upwards away from the case, and use a pen-light to look into the gap under the arm. You'll see a little tab on each side, inside, which is part of the cowling and locks the cowling onto the main case.

Use a small flat-head screwdriver to gently push this tab outwards - if you can apply a little pressure away from the case (i.e. upwards, as the case is downwards at this point) as well, you'll see the cylindrical cowling come away from the case on that side. Repeat on the other side. Remove the cowling, and you can access the 3 bolts that hold the arm onto the case. Done!