Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Terminator_82

Win7 driver issue_ThinkVision L170 17.0-inch LCD Monitor Business Black - EMEA.

[ Edited ]

Hi i have a ThinkVision L170 17.0-inch LCD Monitor Business Black - EMEA with serialnr: 6734-AB9 66- c3 336 that i have found on left edge of the monitor bezel. My problem is that i can´t find a windows 7 driver so i have to run my computer on 1280x1024 16 bit and 60 hertz, if a try with 32 bit then my computer has a issue to crash. So if there is someone out there who knows more and can help me solve this problem I would be very grateful for all the help I can get. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- My computer spec: Operating System MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology RAM 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard MSI H61MU-E35 (MS-7680) (SOCKET 0) Graphics IBM L170 (1280x1024@60Hz) 1024MB GeForce GTX 560 (CardExpert Technology) Hard Drives 59GB CSSD-V60GB2 (SATA-SSD) Optical Drives Optiarc DVD RW AD-5280S Audio Realtek High Definition Audio ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- With best regards Terminator_82

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Re: Win7 driver issue_ThinkVision L170 17.0-inch LCD Monitor Business Black - EMEA.

Hi

Thanks for your post .

Regarding the Win7 driver issue_ThinkVision L170 17.0-inch LCD Monitor Business Black - EMEA

Monitor drivers are specific to the monitor. They are usually text files that tell the operating system what the monitor is and what it is capable of. They are not required for the monitor to function. And Operating system by default picks them as Plug & Play Monitor

Your video adapter lets your computer communicate with a monitor by sending images, text, graphics, and other information. Better video adapters provide higher-quality images on your screen, but the quality of your monitor plays a large role as well. For example, a monochrome monitor cannot display colors no matter how powerful the video adapter is.

A video driver is a file that allows your operating system to work with your video adapter. Each video adapter requires a specific video driver. When you update your video adapter, your operating system will provide a list and let you pick the appropriate video driver for it. If you do not see the video driver for your adapter in the list, contact the manufacturer of your video adapter to get the necessary video driver.

I suggest you should update your Display Adaptor Driver

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.33-whql-driver.html

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

Blue Screen Again
Terminator_82

Re: Win7 driver issue_ThinkVision L170 17.0-inch LCD Monitor Business Black - EMEA.

I have allready uppdated my Display Adaptor Driver to 296.10 and i still have the same problem and i have looked at the lenovo Download Drivers and Software page but there are no windows 7 files available and i have tried the files on this page.

i have tried to double-click the inf file (ibm_6734.inf)
but i get this messages:

ibm_6734.inf   - The selected inf file does not support this method of installation

I have also tried to install from the Device Manager in Windows and manually select inf file (ibm_6734.inf)

but i get this messages:

The specified folder does not contain a driver that is compatible with the device. If a driver is available in the specified folder, make sure the driver is for Windows for x64-based computers.

Now i dont know what to do.? There should be a sollution to this.

With best regards Terminator_82