Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
etka

Re: lenovo thinkvision L220x review (pics)

Thank you for your reply Diego72.
I have installed the Onscreen Manager and it is working, but not in the correct way. When I rotate the monitor on the portrate position the picture will be upside down and when I rotate it back ( the landscape position ) it will be correct. And this happens automatically with the help of Onscreen Manager.
Punch Card
Diego72

hello etka it sound strange.
I'd try this: put the monitor in landscape position, then look at osd manager that the rotation is on normal (horizzontal), then look at the rotation panel of the catalyst control center and look it is on standard (landscape) (0°).
If all is as I said and you notice the OSD manager doesn't work correctly try contacting the Lenovo Techinal help of your country.
:smileywink:
Fanfold Paper
etka

Thanks for the help Diego72
I did, what you said and seems to be so, that I have contact Lenovo. This is starange, but best of all I can in every case use my Lenovo with the help of Catalyst Center and rotate it manually.
Bob
Fanfold Paper

Hello Erik and thanks for the valuable posts.

I'm trying to choose between an L220x and a Dell 2408WFP. Easy you might think - look carefully at both of them. Unfortunately I'm finding that impossible to do. I've seen the Dell and might be interested when it's available with a firmware revision later than A00. For some unknown reason I can't get a look at the Lenovo. (I find it astonishing. I'm in a state capital in Australia, none of the retailers carry the L220x in stock and Lenovo is either unable or unwilling to direct me to a machine that I can look at.) Given the price of the machine here ($999 full retail) I'm very loathe to buy one sight unseen.

I'm about to make the move from CRT to LCD and want, as my first requirement, text quality equal to or better than an NEC Multisync CRT. That is, no pixilation, no colour bleed and no colour shift. I've looked at a lot of monitors and none fill that bill. I also want to be able to work on two A4 pages side by side. I've been thinking 24" but if the L220x can do all that I want without a penalty of too small a text size I'll buy one. How do you think it stacks up against my criteria?

Thanks

Bob.

Punch Card
Diego72

Hello Bob,
I can answer regarding working with two A4 pages side by side.
You can do that with Microsoft Office with a zoom of 100% and with visible the bar of the Window of Microsoft office, the bar of Office with File, Modify.........., the tool bar floating (not fixed) and with the windows taskbar down.
If you use also the toolbar fixed insead of floating and the taskbar of windows up the zoom go to 95%.
Zoom at 98% with the taskbar down and the toolbar fixed (1 row (really long))
Hoping being helpful.

Punch Card
Justa1

Hello erik...

I have just set up my new Lenovo....I am very impressed by it...colour work is richer and has a wider range of tones than on the TN panel ....with very fine detail..its the nearest yet to my long gone CRT!..now I have to set it up with my printer.  As far as I am concerned it is a very good buy...and so far I cannot find any dead pixels although with such a fine resolution they might be difficult to spot. 

I am a bit puzzled that it shows 'analogue' when my only connection is DVI? I have checked that its on its default and I have installed the drivers from the disk for Vista.
Bob
Fanfold Paper

Thanks Diego. That's helpful.

Bob.
Punch Card
Kmetek

thank you guys for all replies...gonna buy this one :smileyhappy:
Punch Card
wasserkool

I will be receiving my Eye-one display 2 in a few days to properly calibrate my L220x. Before I begin, what is the right way to properly calibrate the monitor? The few steps i can think of is reset everything back to factory default?
Some here please help me or provide me with a guide? So after hardware calibration, the system will automatically use that ICC profile or do I have to load it manually?
erik

wasserkool,

set the display on sRGB in the on-screen menu before calibration.   after calibration, the eye-one match software will automatically load the LUT upon startup so it's a very straightforward process.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP