Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Diego72

Re: lenovo thinkvision L220x review (pics)

Dear Erik,
well also others monitor at the end are 8 bit color depth panels.
They have good bit 10 12 and 14 Lut and also good processing bit.
But at the end they can display only 16 Million of colors due to color depth but on a palette of billions.
The other main problem for displaying billion of colors are also cables.
DVI isn't that good for it and i'm not sure it possible with DVI have a color depht of 48 bit or more.
HDMI cables and displayport instead support 10bit color depth.
But again I'm not so sure that also prahelia cards support that color depth.
The problem comes with the bits for transparecy I' ve read in old phraelia were only 2 bit, now i Don't know.
So I'll wait for new panels at 10 bit color depth at the end were using them on new TV LCD.
I hope there will be to wait a short time and I hope Lenovo will give us good gifts :smileyvery-happy:

community supermod
erik

eisa01 wrote:
It looks like they have change to a TN panel. The old model was specced with 300 cd/m2 brighness and 1000:1 contrast ratio. If you look at this page at the lenovo site, you see that the brightness is now 325 cd/m2 and 1200:1 contrast ratio.

afaik, the correct specs have always been 325 cd/m^2, 1200:1, and +/-89 degrees.   that's how i've had it listed on page one of this review since day one and i grabbed these specs direct from lenovo documentation.   i can confirm the +/-89 degree viewing angle on my display and measure the brightness/contrast quite easily so i know that my panel at a minimum matches lenovo's published specs.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Punch Card

vkyr, if you like to link Prad why not link the english review

A review of the l220x was planned but like us costumers over here they were not able to get one because there was up to now not 1 unit on sale for end costumers in Germany, so sad:smileysad:

Punch Card
Diego72

For Think
Also in Italy there are no disponibility of L220X, perhaps in Spain there should be any.
P.s
In any way calibration made by Erik with machbet was great!
Retired Moderator
vkyr

think wrote:
vkyr, if you like to link Prad why not link the english review

Good point! - I assume I was to much focused on doing other programming things in parallel on another notebook that moment and so, since I'am not as good as the CPUs of computers on doing tasks via multitasking, I've overseen the already available english translation on Prad. :smileywink:

ThinkPad T60/X32/600/770 · IBM IntelliStation · 3x IBM SpaceSaver II

Fanfold Paper
ricksystems

Hi Erik,

I was lucky to pick up a lenovo l220x this weekend, and now trying to get the beste color quality out of it.
When displaying a white screen (or programs like outlook) with mostly white backgrounds the brightness in
the center of the screen looks less the the brightness of the left and right edge. Did you notice that? is that normal?
like a slight gradient towards the middle of the screen. This is not noticable when viewing images/photo's only with larger
white area's.

You said you calibrated the monitor through sRGB, only when I select that option, setting contrast is not possible anymore.
Also when using custom RGB settings, in my opinion, the sRGB preset is not used anymore, its like OR preset sRGB OR custom RGB? What are your custom RGB settings?

FYI: I connect the monitor through analog VGA (no DVI).

community supermod
erik

rick,

when set to a preset mode the custom option is unavailable.   if you are calibrating the display with a colorimeter then i recommend setting it on sRGB for the calibration.   if you are (unscientifically) trying to remove a color cast (ie; it looks too red or blue to you) then use the custom mode to dial in each R, G, and B channel.   i found both color and contrast to be accurate in the sRGB preset on my L220x.  

my panel is evenly lit across the display.   i haven't measured luminance with my colorimeter but don't visually notice enough of a difference between center and edge to worry about it.   if yours is noticable then part of your backlight could be defective or damaged.   without seeing it with my own eyes it's difficult to say.

VGA shouldn't affect image too much as long as you're using a high-quality cable with the shortest length possible for your setup.   DVI will always give a cleaner, sharper image but a good VGA signal is suffice in most cases.

enjoy your new display! :smileyhappy:

-erik

Paper Tape
Boogie

[ Edited ]
The old part number was T33HNEU, but the new is 4433-HB2 ¿It's the same monitor or have changes like the panel (MVA to TN)?

Message Edited by Boogie on 03-02-2008 10:44 AM
community supermod
erik

[ Edited ]
4433-HB2 has always been the part number of the US model so it's not a new part number.   mine is a 4433-HB2 with serial number 000260 manufactured in week 44 of 2007.   if you've seen this part number in europe then it could be imported from the US.   i don't know.

note: edited for clarity

Message Edited by erik on 03-02-2008 02:10 PM

Paper Tape
Boogie

In Europe the number has been T33HNEU.

Thanks Erik