Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
gclapp
Accepted Solution

Brand new w701ds crashes each time open second monitor

Hello. Just got my new w701ds in the mail today, and everytime I open the second monitor (or boot with it open), I get the blue screen of death and it crashes. Of course, it can't be more disapointed then to buy a product for a specific feature, and then that feature does not work. Is this known? Is it a dud? Any ideas before I send it back?

Guru
PeterTWJ

Re: Brand new w701ds crashes each time open second monitor

1. Try to update all the hardware drivers and BIOS. For GPU and others, use drivers on Lenovo website to isolate the problems and check whether any 3rd party or oem driver causes this.

2. If it doesn't work, you can call Lenovo Service Center and report a case and they will resolve the problems for you. If still unsatisfied after repair or something, you can consider to get a full refund according to Lenovo. (Within 30 days after purchase)

I am not too sure how well is the service of Lenovo Customer Service at your region. Hopefully they can provide you an satisfactory services and fix your w701ds. AFAIK, W701ds is an flagship and awesome machine and Lenovo being the only one making a dual-screen mobile workstations, I don't think there will be other manufacturers making dual-screen mobile workstations.

Best Regards
Peter

Blue Screen Again
gclapp

Re: Brand new w701ds crashes each time open second monitor

Turns out I had to reinstall the NVIDA drivers with the latest version. Pretty dissapointing to get a new laptop and out of the box the "killer" feature does not work, but I'm just happy I was able to fix it and did not have to send it back! 

Thanks to @PeterTWJ for the quick reply, too!