Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
henkert
Accepted Solution

Caps Lock display

Hello,

I am quite bugged by the Caps Lock onscreen display, since I cannot find a way to only turn off the capslock display without turning off all displays.

This display drops my FPS from about 70 to 40 when I'm playing video games which is bugging me a lot.

But I would like to keep my other displays like soundlevel and screen brightness.

And yes, I know that it is possible to keep the capslock display for only 3 seconds when turning it on too, but I want it to be not displayed at all. I have a green light on my keyboard which is good for me.

So is it possible to completely turn off the capslock display without turning off the other displays?

Henkert.

Token Ring
Chatbox

Re: Caps Lock display

Right click on desktop --> Screen Resolution --> Advanced Settings --> uncheck "Enable on-screen display".

Paper Tape
henkert

'So is it possible to completely turn off the capslock display without turning off the other displays?'
Token Ring
Chatbox

Kill the "tpnumlkd.exe"

Token Ring
Chatbox

Then you'll also need to do this if your system has bluetooth: http://blog.cmbc.be/2011/06/hp-notebook-fix-caps-lock-notification.html

Paper Tape
henkert

[ Edited ]

Thanks it works.

Do you also know how to prevent my computer from starting this .exe every time I start my computer?

Because now I will need to stop the process every time when I reboot my computer.

Token Ring
Chatbox

Two options:

1. Rename the exe (in "C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY") to some other name, so it can't be launched.

2. Have a .bat file to kill it after startup.  (taskkill)

Paper Tape
henkert

Ok it's working very good :-)

Thanks!

Paper Tape
yakpak

The onscreen display tab is not there.