Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
practical
Accepted Solution

Case for W700

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know of a good rolling case to fit the W700?  Ideally, I'd like a case made of ballistic nylon (or something similar) with lots of pockets and compartments and large overall capacity--I  lug around many files and heavy textbooks.  Big wheels are always welcome.

The problem with most cases advertised for 17" machines is that the interior laptop compartments seem to be just a tad too small for this giant.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Message Edited by practical on 10-26-2008 09:29 PM
Icepick

Re: Case for W700

practical,

I'm actually looking for the same thing right now for my W700.

Found these on Targus website that might fit the bill:

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TCG717

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TXL717

Of course there are other vendors, but I've had good luck with Targus bags.

Hope this helps.....and if you get one, let me know how it well works.

Regards

Serial Port
practical

Re: Case for W700

Thanks, Icepick.  At lease these two provide the interior dimensions, seem to be reasonably priced and might just do the job.

My one concern has to do with the wheels:  having owned a couple of Targus units for my 15" machines, the wheels seemed very small (like tiny furniture casters).  Small hard wheels make dragging the case up and down sidewalk curbs a bit hard on the case & contents.  The XL model specs mention "inline skate wheels,"  they might be larger and smoother rolling.

I'll see if I can examine these bags at a local store (there are very few decent ones left in NYC) and let you know my take on them.

Thanks again,

practical